Classic Member
S197 Member

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Super Bowl Ad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

ok, let me get this straight. The Superbowl ad is going to feature a kick ass Mustang convertible sitting in the middle of a frigid, isolated road in which a cop finds the driver frozen. OK, so far sounds dull, I would like to see the Mustang actually move, but I guess there's humor behind this commercial. Guess will have to wait and see.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005
S197 Member

I saw on the news yesterday that Ford had to pull one of their SuperBowl adds for the F150. Reason being it showed a priest finding car keys in the collection plate that someone had dropped. When he went outside to the parking lot he discovered the keys were to a brand new F150. The owner and his little girl walk up to the truck to find the priest drooling over it. He returns the keys and gives the owner and little girl a smile. The last scene showed the priest change the message board outside the church for next weeks sermon to be - LUST.

Parental groups objected to the commercial saying that it could have been inferring that the priest was lusting after the girl and not the truck.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005
Apprentice

We are too uptight!

The thing is, it was probably a decent and funny commercial. It is sad that our society has become so overtight over a little risque commercials. Advertisers are so nervious this year that many of the commercials have been extremely toned down from previous years; that's too bad, because I have always enjoyed the commercials.

I was reading in my local newspaper (The Chicago Tribune) that the Mustang convertible commercial isn't scheduled to run (the paper provided a listing of all the commercials slated to run and the Mustang commerical wasn't there).

I just hope I win some squares! Enjoy.

Prev. owned: '65 Coupe, '84 GT, '86 LX w/ 5.0, & '05 GT Prem.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005 Thread Starter
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDominion
ok, let me get this straight. The Superbowl ad is going to feature a kick ass Mustang convertible sitting in the middle of a frigid, isolated road in which a cop finds the driver frozen. OK, so far sounds dull, I would like to see the Mustang actually move, but I guess there's humor behind this commercial. Guess will have to wait and see.
At the end of the ad, they say this is why we dont bring out a new Mustang vert in the middle of Winter.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005
Rookie

Another reason why you don't bring a rear wheel drive muscle car out in the middle of winter?

2004 GTO sales.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 02 gt
At the end of the ad, they say this is why we dont bring out a new Mustang vert in the middle of Winter.
Right, that's the humor part that somehow justifies a nonmobile kick ass muscle car sitting in the middle of a frigid winter road. Ok, sounds dull.

Here's my idea of a commercial (& yes its patented so don't steal it Ford, jk): You see a guy driving with a beautiful girl in a 60's convertible Mustang driving in the back road, with some old 60's hit playing, and as they drive down this road through some turns, the car starts to transform into the new Mustang. The driver and the girl physically change their styles to accomodate looks of the New generation, and the music changes as well. You see the car drive into the sunset and the overtalk says "The 2005 Ford Mustang, for a new generation."
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPony
The thing is, it was probably a decent and funny commercial. It is sad that our society has become so overtight over a little risque commercials. Advertisers are so nervious this year that many of the commercials have been extremely toned down from previous years; that's too bad, because I have always enjoyed the commercials.

I was reading in my local newspaper (The Chicago Tribune) that the Mustang convertible commercial isn't scheduled to run (the paper provided a listing of all the commercials slated to run and the Mustang commerical wasn't there).

I just hope I win some squares! Enjoy.
The Mustang add is going to air during the Pre-Game show. Supposedly 5 minutes prior to kickoff.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005

Just saw it.... "You just don't introduce a convertable this irresistable in the middle of winter."

I'm ready for SPRING!! :green

I thought it was a stupid commercial for a nice car!!!
PONY Member
S197 Member

It was a humorus commercial, got a little chuckle from me. The "Cornfield" and "Anthem' commercials were great and very hard to top. So far all the commercials have pretty much sucked....I could use some wardrobe malfunctions.

PLEASE GET THIS IMAGE OUT OF MY MIND! Paul McCartney having a wardrobe malfunction....maybe 30 years ago it would have been appealing.... Hope everyones Stangs are safe and sound and in bed away from all of those superbowl partiers tonight!
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionaire
I thought it was a stupid commercial for a nice car!!!
Sorry.....I have to disagree.................I laughed till my sides almost split..............and everytime I think of the commercial...............I start terminal laughter again..............my warped sence of humor I guess!
V6 Member

I thought it was fun.

KI
PONY Member
S197 Member

Monkey commercials got me on the floor laughing. I think the Pepsi truck did better. Although I did like the sound of the pen tap on the side of the face.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page