Eibach Springs??? HELP....... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Eibach Springs??? HELP.......

I just had the Eibach pro-kit installed, however, no one can figure out how to adjust the negative camber that happens with these springs. I know all about caster/camber plates, the problem is, no one has any quality sets out yet. The alignment shop tried cam bolts, no luck. I was hoping that someone else has had the same problem, and you can tell me what to do. I called Eibach, and they have sold over 400 of the kits so far, but they said no one has complained about this. The negative camber is off by about 3 degrees!!! You can see it very clearly just looking at the car. I have double checked the part numbers, made sure they were installed correctly (not upside down). The car looks great, the ride is good, I don't want to remove them, I just want to bring the camber within specs, so I can put my new wheels and tires on. Help..........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005
S197 Member

I wondered if this would be an issue and planned on buying the Eibachs myself. Glad you posted this and I will keep my eyes and ears open for solutions SS.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005

I am getting the Pro-Kit Springs installed tomorrow on my 05 GT. I haven't heard of any camber problems, due to the realativly mild lowering (1.25"-1.5"), but I'll let you know what I find out. The few that have posted to the forumes have not mentioned any issues, but we'll see. Anyone out there have any additional info for us?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Boss
I am getting the Pro-Kit Springs installed tomorrow on my 05 GT. I haven't heard of any camber problems, due to the realativly mild lowering (1.25"-1.5"), but I'll let you know what I find out. The few that have posted to the forumes have not mentioned any issues, but we'll see. Anyone out there have any additional info for us?
Thank you...........I will be waiting to hear how it turns out.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005

OK, she's done. The Eibach's give the GT a perfect stance (IMHO) and the ride is still very good. You definately feel the road more, but I find that to be a plus. The handling appears to be much improved over stock, but addmitedly this is from only about 45 minutes of driving it back from the shop.

The shop also did the alignment and they said they had no issues. The camber looks good to my untrained eye, but I will keep a close eye on the tire wear. My opinion is to go to a different alignment shop and have them check it out for you. If it is still bad, call Eibach or Steeda and have them recommend the right part. I hear the Steeda Panhard bar helps, but I am not a suspension guy.

Hope this helped. Now I'm off to enjoy the ride home
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005
S197 Member

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005
S197 Member

Quote:
OK, she's done. The Eibach's give the GT a perfect stance (IMHO) and the ride is still very good. You definately feel the road more, but I find that to be a plus. The handling appears to be much improved over stock, but addmitedly this is from only about 45 minutes of driving it back from the shop.

The shop also did the alignment and they said they had no issues. The camber looks good to my untrained eye, but I will keep a close eye on the tire wear. My opinion is to go to a different alignment shop and have them check it out for you. If it is still bad, call Eibach or Steeda and have them recommend the right part. I hear the Steeda Panhard bar helps, but I am not a suspension guy.

Hope this helped. Now I'm off to enjoy the ride home
Did you get springs only or did you also replace the sway bars? How's the wheel clearance? Can you post some pictures of how it sits now.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas05
Did you get springs only or did you also replace the sway bars? How's the wheel clearance? Can you post some pictures of how it sits now.
I did the springs only. Stock Bullit wheels fit fine with plenty of clearance. I took a couple quick photos just before dark, but I'll post better one's tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0021.JPG
Views:	851
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	5962  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005

One more to help you see the clearance. Again, more pics tomorrow :hihi:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0027.JPG
Views:	746
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	5964  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
One more to help you see the clearance. Again, more pics tomorrow :hihi:
Thank you for posting the pictures, your car looks great......just like mine!!! I can't wait to see more.
S197 Member

Thanks for the pics and the feedback. I'm considering doing the same thing.

A couple more pics. I hope these help someone decide if the Eibach's are right for their car :thumbsup
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0056.JPG
Views:	1008
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	6032   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0057.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	6033  
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

camber

Quote:
I have heard that when the 05' mustang is lowered that it upsets the front end geometry and it needs a kit to restore the correct camber and roll center.
I think that lowering one inch is enough to throw it off. apparently bumpsteer is also mildly affected.
not recommending any specific supplier but steeda offers a host of stuff that fixes the problem.
http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog...sion-front.htm

I'm sure that everyone else does or will offer the same thing.

remember, the suspension on these cars are totally different than previous mustangs, and anything else ford makes for that matter.

05 GT Premium stick. Satin Silver w/ dark charcoal IUP, dark tint and stripes. Shelby wheels and pedal covers-Cervinis 500 front splitter-Hurst equipped-Meziere pump-JLT II CAI-tune by Brenspeed... Love it!!
------------------------------
92' LX Vert for the son. 2.3 auto Black on White with Red
89' BMW 325iC, black on red on black, stick Beater car
84' Porsche 944 black, stick. motor is apart, stupid car

had no problem with mine, got the kit put in 400 miles ago (eibach pro) and all came out normal, the car drive fine as well with no abnormal reaction.

it exactly took 1.2 out of the front and 1.45 out of the back after settling in (checked after driving 200 miles on the new springs)

NMTO, You did have to have a front end alignment, right? I got my kit tonight and will install this weekend. Much change in the ride quality?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page