Shifter stuck... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Unhappy Shifter stuck...

Anybody having the same problem where the shifter gets stuckin Park (auto) and cannot move. I had it happen to me today and I also rented an 05 in FL and it did the same. Its only happened once so far but it wont move.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch615
Anybody having the same problem where the shifter gets stuckin Park (auto) and cannot move. I had it happen to me today and I also rented an 05 in FL and it did the same. Its only happened once so far but it wont move.
I am only saying this because you mention this is your first car and not because I am trying to be a smart a**, but when you try the shifter is your foot on the brake? All new cars will not let you take it out of park unless your foot is on the brake.

Other than that, I unfortunately do not know. I also have an auto and have about 5200 miles on mine and have not had that problem. Mine is a GT so I would think the autos are different, but I cannot be sure of that.

I think someone on another thread a while back mentioned a similar problem, but if I remember correctly it had more to do with the plastic cover getting jammed up inside the console.

Did it ever work, or is your car just stuck there in park?

good luck.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

2012 Shelby GT500, Black on black
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

I can't even drive it yet, so its not me who is the one getting it stuck... its my dad. So I think he knows to use a brake first. Also, yes if you play with it then take your foot off the brake and reapply it it then works. Just a Pain in the ass.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch615
I can't even drive it yet, so its not me who is the one getting it stuck... its my dad. So I think he knows to use a brake first. Also, yes if you play with it then take your foot off the brake and reapply it it then works. Just a Pain in the ass.
that must be torture not getting to drive it yet.

Anyhow - it's very possible it could just be the switch on the brake pedal that "tells" the tranny it's being applied. I am sure a trip to the dealer will be far more productive than my "internet diagnosis." Hope you get it worked out soon.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

2012 Shelby GT500, Black on black
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks... yea it is tough havin it and can't drive it.... its a very expensive radio right now HAHA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page