Ford Mustang Forum banner

04 Manual V6 vs. 05 Auto V6

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  fishingjts 
#1 ·
Who wins in a race.....I kno he has the manual so he has as an edge but let me know what you think. Its my girlfriends brother:sterb: who has the 04 and I want to shut him up because all he has been saying is how mine is an auto and his is a manual. Im 20 so I ve never even driven a stck before and plus all the dealers I went to had automatic V6;s in the color I liked.

#3 ·
Interesting...
Keep us posted.
My guess is that the 05 is enough of an upgrade on the 04 that you will win unless is that he is a damn good stick driver and gets a good start.

#5 ·
I've heard that the '05 5 speed auto is actually a bit faster than an '05 with the 5 speed. This obviously depends on the driver of the manual tranny, but the 5 speed auto shifts quickley and does a great job keeping the engine revs where you want them. That plus the fact that the '05 has a bigger motor, and is an SOHC design, I think you'll waste him. :D

#6 ·
I got 5 on the 05.

#7 ·
Who cares, v6's..might as well be ricers.....just kidding..hahaha

#8 ·
One thing on the 05... The torque limiter in 1st gear... other than that that auto is great... I've read the 05 specs that say the v6 is about 7 second 0-60... but i've never found a definitive answer to whether that is a manual or an auto...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.