Trunk lid close - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Fryguy_pa
We could always invest in one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/7rxwz

- Fryguy

- 05 Satin Silver GT, Lt Graphite, 5 Speed, Shaker 500, Sequntial Taillights, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Shorty Antenna, Satin Mustang Sill Plates, Midwest Plenum Cover, UPR Billet Pedal Covers, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP Gauge Cluster w/MyColor, Signal Tints, FRPP Exhaust, JLT CAI Kit, SCT 2 Tuner . Trunk Lid Mat w/Edgelight fiber, MRT Side Louvers - (The following to be installed) Steeda Dead Pedal, Baltimore Street Mods Racing Stripes, Redline Goods Leather Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Well, thought I was the only freak. I stick my finger in the keyhole in the GT emblem to close the trunk. That is unless I have my handy-dandy high-tech micro-fiber drying cloth in my hand.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
V6 Member
S197 Member

I usually have a long sleeve shirt on, so I'm a big fan of the elbow/forearm on the spoiler to shut it down.

PONY Member
S197 Member

I use the chrome badge as well. My question is, how do you shut your door without smudging either the paint or the glass? Or for that matter, how to convice your other half NOT to slam the door!!!
Apprentice
S197 Member

Good to hear that I'm not only paranoid one.. I'm using badge/keyhole for closing too. For doors, I grab inside next to window groove with my finger and gently slam the door. Or from the rear edge of the window since its pretty easy to wipe clean if necessary.

BTW about slamming doors: On my '01 I got a dent to the down-front corner of the passenger side door when my cave-woman date opened it. (door not open, me use force) Having ice build-ups in the door hinges due to window defroster is not a good idea.. I look forward next winter to know if that "bug" is fixed on '05.

VK
'05 Ford Mustang GT
'01 Ford Mustang Bullitt look
'70 Ford Mustang 302 restomod
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andretti
Good Q! I grab the inside cut-out and pull down, then when lower use other hand finger in the key hole to slam. Mickey mouse, hu?
zackly how I do it too!!

2005 GT coupe
V6 Member
S197 Member

does anybody elses trunk seem to stick and not open even when pulling up on the trunk? when i push the trunk release button on my fob, most of the time now i hear a hollow click instead of a trunk releasing from hatch noise n yea it sucks, because i sit there for five minutes tryin to get my trunk open.
PONY Member
S197 Member

***** we're all nuts. I feel better now knowing I'm not the only freak. I have the same issues while closing the door while leaving the vehicle...

For the trunk, you could leave it open, get inside, fold the back seat down, crawl in the trunk, and close it from the inside...

me

~M

'05 Ford Mustang GT: C&L CAI; Bassani X & axlebacks; BMR Adj'ble Panhard rod; FRPP 4.10s; MGW shifter; Steeda UDPs; FRPP suspension.

"Got V8?"
S197 Member

Finger in the key hole sounds better than having an extra piece of suade cloth in your car for that reason. How DID we close the trunks on our other mustangs?
S197 Member

I get my younger son to close it from the inside then he crawls through the back seat.
PONY Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangers
I get my younger son to close it from the inside then he crawls through the back seat.
I'm really afraid that you are serious
S197 Member

It's Official!!

I am officially normal
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangers
heehehe thats smart make sure he doesn't scratch the back seats, otherwise u will have to leave him in the truck kidding

2005 Performance White Mustang GT

1966 Candy Apple Red Mustang Convertible
C4 Automatic / 289 2v V8 C-Code Engine: Stock

<-- Click on the "HOUSE" to Check out my blog
Apprentice
S197 Member

I shut mine with my hand. The car is constantly covered with pollen, road grime, dust.... My hand is cleaner than the car. Do you guys wash it twice a day and keep it in a sterile dust free enviroment? I wish I could do that.

Drive it like you stole it or somebody might catch you and steal it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
I use the chrome badge as well. My question is, how do you shut your door without smudging either the paint or the glass? Or for that matter, how to convice your other half NOT to slam the door!!!
I push my driver door closed with my finger in the key hole. I never use the glass to push the door closed. I think that is too much pressure on the glass. I tell the passengers to close the door by the handle. I figure they're going to leave prints getting into the car so they're going to leave prints getting out aswell. I can't stop my passengers from being butchers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page