Rear-ended but no damage - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Rear-ended but no damage

Sitting at a red light when a woman apparently takes her foot off the gas and pops me in the rear. As I'm getting out I'm thinking "Oh no you've got to be kidding me." She's immediately giving me her "I've had such a rotten day" excuse as I'm walking back to the rear of the car. I say "Do you have any idea what you just ran into?" She says "Yes I know a baby when I see one." I look her over real good (the car although she wasn't too shabby either) and no damage so I guess those 5 mph bumpers do their job. I wasn't too happy about it though.

2010 Roush Stage 1, Kona Blue
2011 Camaro SS Convertible, Red Jewel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005
S197 Member

You should have clocked that ***** right in mouth. No, I am just kidding! Do you have tires or horse shoes on your mustang? What luck, glad to hear there was not any damage. I was backing into the garage and smushed my shop vac against the wall and my bumper (wife moved it on me). There was no damage and no scratches.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Marcus GT Send a message via MSN to Marcus GT
I would still have the "bumper" checked. There is stuff behind the bumper that absorbs the impact. If it has been crushed, then it wont absorb as much the next time around. You are not as protected as you were before.

2005 Mustang GT, Black w/ Dark Charcoal interior
IUP, Active-Anti Theft Alarm
Bright Aluminum Wheels w/Locks
Perma Plate, Window Tinting 35/20/5
Molded Splash Guards, Sequential Tail Lights
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Front License Plate Delete
DFM

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005
S197 Member

do you realize how horrible it is to read this crap, now something bad is going to happen and I am going to cry.... lol
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005
S197 Member

Shoulda said "Ouch my neck is killing me!!!". That would have left her paranoid for the next few months that she would be getting called by an ambulance chasing lawyer, which would make her more careful next time she is sitting at a set of lights .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005
Apprentice
S197 Member

Well.. I got rear-ended 50mph on freeway last Saturday. The guy was driving a toyota truck, uninsured..! Luckily I have coverage for such idiots - hope he rots in a jail for a while.. However, no injuries (*knocks wood*) or at least everyone walked out of my 'stang. The rear was totally busted (taillights, bumper, trunk door, bulge(s) on fender(s), ...). Crap. Just wondering, what is the usual treshold for totaling a new car in CA..

VK
'05 Ford Mustang GT
'01 Ford Mustang Bullitt look
'70 Ford Mustang 302 restomod
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005
S197 Member

i swear, everytime i log onto one of these boards, another 05 in the bay area is getting vandalized or crashed into...

i am leaving my at home now. forever.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005

I was bumped while sitting at a stop light. Unfortunately, the little Chevy Astro Van left a black mark on my bumper that my body shop guy said will cost $480 to repair, once he does all the paint matching. I got the money from the fellow's employer to fix it, but what a hassle! Guess it could have been worse though...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karazuba
i swear, everytime i log onto one of these boards, another 05 in the bay area is getting vandalized or crashed into...

i am leaving my at home now. forever.
Oh, heck yes, rolled, tboned, rear ended, t-boned, bumped, scratched. I had a Chevy truck since 97 and never got a dent or scratch on it. Maybe I should forget the idiot magnet.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandjean
I was bumped while sitting at a stop light. Unfortunately, the little Chevy Astro Van left a black mark on my bumper that my body shop guy said will cost $480 to repair, once he does all the paint matching. I got the money from the fellow's employer to fix it, but what a hassle! Guess it could have been worse though...
I got a minor black mark on my bumper too just last week. Luckily guys in detailer were able to puff it off. But if it stays there for a week or so, it might not be possible anymore since CA sun burns all sh*t on the paintjob pretty badly.

VK
'05 Ford Mustang GT
'01 Ford Mustang Bullitt look
'70 Ford Mustang 302 restomod

I feel your pain. I am hoping to get my 05 back by next week. Rear ended and was over 3500 in damage. Parts were an issue but the last one was supposed to arrive today. Got hit 6 days after I got it and that was 07/08. Hoping for good results.

Andy McCoy
Dover, De
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page