05 Leather Seat answer from FORD - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

05 Leather Seat answer from FORD

Here is the definative answer from FORD.

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center, inquiring about the leather vs. vinyl on the seats of your 2005 Ford Mustang.We apologize for the delay in replying back to you on this inquiry. We have been experiencing a high volume of research requests, recently. We have researched your inquiry and the following is the result of our research: The seating surface area of the front seats, i.e. inserts and bolsters, are all leather. The sides and back of the seats and the head restraint are vinyl. The rear seats are all vinyl. We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you. End of story

05 GT Premium - Satin Silver - IUP - Dk Charcoal - 17 Bright Machine Cast Wheels - Shaker 1000 - Foaled June 05.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005
V6 Member
S197 Member

Good to finally have an end to the debate.

Now I wonder if I should be paying the extra money for the leather conditioner wipes for my seats....

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005
MACH I Member

I was wondering why the back looked like crap after I wiped it down w/ leather stuff

2005 GT coupe

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu3885
Good to finally have an end to the debate.

Now I wonder if I should be paying the extra money for the leather conditioner wipes for my seats....
You still have leather.
Use it where you should.

05 GT Premium - Satin Silver - IUP - Dk Charcoal - 17 Bright Machine Cast Wheels - Shaker 1000 - Foaled June 05.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

I want a refund!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

This has been well known for a long time. (as was stated in the old thread about this) It's the same as last year's model. And the year before that, and the year before that, and...
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005
Classic Member
S197 Member

Damn I thought the seats were ALL leather. I have noticed a difference in the way the material looks after a leather treatment
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005

The vinyl still looks damn good though..it coulda been worse..
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005

well when i bought mine i paid for red "leather" and they couldnt find black on red gt so came a cloth one and i worked out my dealer to pay for leather seats at vancouver company,only company in canada ive heard or at least British colombia..anyways i end up getiing black with blood red middles and leather came from europe and is a higher grade then fords,so i guess it worked out after hassle and its all leather and custom.
V6 Member
S197 Member

Most 'leather' seats in American cars only have real leather in the seating area. It's been this way for quite some time.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Smile

Well known and was pointed out to me again by the sales person before I ordered. Keeps the cost down and the back seat is basically unusable anyway.

Dave
www.sunnyfortuna.com

Ordered 2-18-2014; Arrived 4-17-2014: 2014 V6 Premium, Ingot Silver, Saddle Seats, Automatic, MCOA Pkg, Electronics Pkg & Navigation, Reverse Sensing System & Security, Comfort Pkg, V6 Performance Pkg, Rear Video Camera, Glass Roof

Mods: Roush CAI, Corsa Sport Axle-Back, Borla X-Pipe, BBK Headers, Aluminum Driveshaft, Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tune, MRT Hood Struts, JLT Oil Separator, Engine Cover, Full Spare
PONY Member
S197 Member

I had a 04 F150 Lariat Supercrew and the backseats where vinyl as well, its their way of cutting costs. The Mustang I don't mind but the Supercrew I thouhgt should have leather thru out, it was almost the same as a 4 door luxury car.

GM does the same thing. I had a 01 Silverado LT which had leather front seats and vinyl in the back

Ordered 4/26/05. Picked up June 11, 2005. 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 5spd, Performance White, with red accent leather (ICAP), Shaker 500, IUP, active alarm, side airbag, spoiler delete. MODS: Baltimore Street Mods 10' red stripes and red rocker stripe. window tint. K & N aircharger. Pony Package fender emblems. Added 18" Polished Alum. Bullitts Hurst comp shifter
S197 Member

Are we actually getting what we paid for? Would "full" leather cost more?
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea. R&E
Are we actually getting what we paid for? Would "full" leather cost more?

Who knows. I just wish they were more forthcoming saying what was leather and what isn't. My sticker says "leather trimmed sport seats" not very descriptive

Ordered 4/26/05. Picked up June 11, 2005. 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 5spd, Performance White, with red accent leather (ICAP), Shaker 500, IUP, active alarm, side airbag, spoiler delete. MODS: Baltimore Street Mods 10' red stripes and red rocker stripe. window tint. K & N aircharger. Pony Package fender emblems. Added 18" Polished Alum. Bullitts Hurst comp shifter

The leather option is $ 695.00 and I think, for only 6 sq.ft. of leather that is a big rip-off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page