FRPP 05 GT axle back question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005 Thread Starter

FRPP 05 GT axle back question

Ordered a set of FRPP axleback exhaust & received them today. I wanted the ones that look like the Borla S-type but I received ones that look like the reg. muffler shape with nicer tips. The part number is the same but these have a "Q" at the end of part number. I guess these are the 50 state legal type & the Q stands for Quiet or Quieter?
I think I will send them back but I wonder if anyone has heard these Q types ona car & how they sound?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

No idea? Did you ask FRPP?

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Fryguy_pa
The ones with the "Q" are the 50-state legal version. The ones without the "Q" are 50-state noise legal, nothing about emissions legal.

- Fryguy

- 05 Satin Silver GT, Lt Graphite, 5 Speed, Shaker 500, Sequntial Taillights, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Shorty Antenna, Satin Mustang Sill Plates, Midwest Plenum Cover, UPR Billet Pedal Covers, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP Gauge Cluster w/MyColor, Signal Tints, FRPP Exhaust, JLT CAI Kit, SCT 2 Tuner . Trunk Lid Mat w/Edgelight fiber, MRT Side Louvers - (The following to be installed) Steeda Dead Pedal, Baltimore Street Mods Racing Stripes, Redline Goods Leather Kit

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005
R3dF1r3

Or...you could just bget the BORLA's!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005 Thread Starter

Well I put the "Q"s on. They were only very slightly deeper & almost the same loudness. Almost identical to stock sound. I hurried & took them suckers back off. My dealer has agreed to take them back & send me the louder canister looking FRPP exhaust that I wanted.

I decided on the FRPP's because of their lower price vs the Borlas.

So I had to put the stock exhaust back on & now I await the UPS truck again.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Fryguy_pa
You will be glad that you did. The FRPP Borla's are sweeeeet.

- Fryguy

- 05 Satin Silver GT, Lt Graphite, 5 Speed, Shaker 500, Sequntial Taillights, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Shorty Antenna, Satin Mustang Sill Plates, Midwest Plenum Cover, UPR Billet Pedal Covers, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP Gauge Cluster w/MyColor, Signal Tints, FRPP Exhaust, JLT CAI Kit, SCT 2 Tuner . Trunk Lid Mat w/Edgelight fiber, MRT Side Louvers - (The following to be installed) Steeda Dead Pedal, Baltimore Street Mods Racing Stripes, Redline Goods Leather Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page