Setting MGW shifter - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Setting MGW shifter

Just had my MGW shifter, going to install soon, what`s the best adjustment for this shifter in your opinion??

07 GT, C&L Racer, Brenspeed 93 tune, Detroit Rockers cams, FRPP TB, JBA Shorties, Steeda UDP, Corsa axlback and X-pipe, FRPP handlingpack,
Hankook V12 Evo 255/45-18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013
Apprentice

Garage
I have mine at 5 turns.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013
PONY Member

Mines set at 3 turns... More turns = more notchy...

I WISH I COULD GET RID OF THE KNOCKING NOISE IN MY FRONT END. I'M TIRED OF SPENDING MONEY ON IT... IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

OK, i am going for 4 turns, exited to feel the difference compared to stock...

07 GT, C&L Racer, Brenspeed 93 tune, Detroit Rockers cams, FRPP TB, JBA Shorties, Steeda UDP, Corsa axlback and X-pipe, FRPP handlingpack,
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwi View Post
OK, i am going for 4 turns, exited to feel the difference compared to stock...
I have mine at 4 full turns also.

Way too much to list. I'm broke because of it. Tuned by Blue Collar Performance.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have mine out at 9. I know the max is supposed to be 10, but since I can't SEE the remaining thread...I'm going one turn short of the max. As for the complaint of "notchiness"...I consider it to be a plus, because there is no mistaking whether you are in gear or not. My brother's Hurst feels more like it is passing a hard "notch" than my MGW...mine feels more like it's (rolling?) into the gear, but I definitely know when it is in.

2009 G.O. GT, Spoiler delete, JLT-style CAI, Bama 93 Oct tune, Quantum Motorsports brake duct cooling kit, SHR quarter-window louvers, MGW short-throw shifter, Steeda UDPs, JLT oil separator, FRPP FR500s mufflers, MSD coil-on-plugs, FRPP 1.5' drop shocks/struts/springs, FRPP sway bars, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires, stock 3.31 gears
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013
PONY Member

I have my MWG set at 3, had it at 5 but too notchy for me, best part about it doesn't take much to change the setting, just undo the bolt and turn it to the setting you want, takes about 15 minutes

2008 Black Mustang GT/CS, 5 speed manual, G/T appearance package, FRPP 4.10 gears, Charcoal Aluminum interior panel, Interior upgrade. Roush TVS stage 1 SC , Stang Hi dyno-jet 93 Oct tune, Pypes LT's X-pipes and delete mufflers, MGW shifter.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Installed at 4 turns, feels great!
Just feel a little more resistance when shifting.
But no flex!!!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_texan View Post
I have mine out at 9. I know the max is supposed to be 10, but since I can't SEE the remaining thread...I'm going one turn short of the max. As for the complaint of "notchiness"...I consider it to be a plus, because there is no mistaking whether you are in gear or not. My brother's Hurst feels more like it is passing a hard "notch" than my MGW...mine feels more like it's (rolling?) into the gear, but I definitely know when it is in.
I've never even noticed the notchiness in your car compared to mine, not that I think my Hurst is as bad as some people make it out to be.

Fred
2006 Mustang GT - Satin "Silber"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page