passenger window don't work till 30 mph - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

passenger window don't work till 30 mph

2006 Mustang GT 101K. The passenger window won't roll down until you are going 30 mph or above. Then once you roll it down it won't go back up until you shut the car off, pull the key out, reinsert the key and turn the ignition to run. then it will automatically roll all the way up and won't roll back down.....

Now, I have done the window motor reset, the best I can. Since the window wont work both ways.

The short down and back up when the door is open always works.

When the window does work it will do full auto down or stop in the middle if you let off the button.

I have searched and read every window related thread, searched google and yahoo for answers. I have come up empty handed, so I am asking for anyone help with this matter.

By the way, I just bought this car a week ago. So I don't know much on the history of the car.

Thank you in advance.

06 Mustang GT, 5 speed, 101K, Tuned by BAMA, Ram Air hood, Torch Red, Flowmaster Exhaust, Halo Fog lights and custom rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

What happens if you use the passenger side window switch?

07 GT Vert. Triple Black. Steeda CAI, FRPP GTA's, Roush Styling Bar, tuned by Brenspeed.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperman View Post
What happens if you use the passenger side window switch?
Nothing, both switches are inoperable

06 Mustang GT, 5 speed, 101K, Tuned by BAMA, Ram Air hood, Torch Red, Flowmaster Exhaust, Halo Fog lights and custom rims.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Gotta be wiring or regulator related then. I would try opening and closing the door as well as moving the wiring harness while trying to use the passenger window switch.

07 GT Vert. Triple Black. Steeda CAI, FRPP GTA's, Roush Styling Bar, tuned by Brenspeed.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

If it was wiring or motor how can the door open and shut window drop work all the time? I would think that it would also not work????

Does the regulator have a computer system or computer board built into it?? Or sensors that tell the motor or computer where the window position is?

Thanks for all your help everyone, I am new to this year mustangs.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I have wiggled, moved and open and shut the passenger door, while trying the passenger switch then I did the same trying the driver door switch for passenger window.
Still no change in the window.
Is there a computer that controls the windows in these cars?
TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
electrical issue , window , window motor , window motor regulator , window reset

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page