Best exhaust options? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Best exhaust options?

I recently decided that I wanted to do custom exhaust on my 07 GT, but I do not know exactly what to look for in an exhaust system. I'm going to go with long tubes and an offroad mid pipe but I have read many threads on multiple forums and I see a lot of different opinions on which systems are the best but none really show numbers. I don't necessarily need the most HP I can gain, but I would like a good balance of power and sound. I also plan to get some new cams as well. My questions are, Which LT headers are best for these applications? which mid pipe is best? can BAMA tune for these? and what numbers can I expect after this is all complete? Thank you!

2007 Satin Silver Mustang GT "Ellie"
Auto, JLT CAI, 93 octane BAMA tune, 4.30 gears, Nitto Extreme ZR racing tires staggered, 18in. American Racing deep dish black Bullitt style rims, Ford Racing Handling pack, Ford Racing rear differential cover, J&M adjustable PHB, Cherry Bomb axleback, Pioneer touch screen head unit, 2 12in. Alpine subwoofers w/ 2000w amp, various appearance modifications and more to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Kooks are the best, get the same brand mid pipe. Yes bama has you covered. you might gain about 20 hp. So if your at 260 rwhp now youll be at about 280.

'05 GT
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyV6 View Post
I recently decided that I wanted to do custom exhaust on my 07 GT, but I do not know exactly what to look for in an exhaust system. I'm going to go with long tubes and an offroad mid pipe but I have read many threads on multiple forums and I see a lot of different opinions on which systems are the best but none really show numbers. I don't necessarily need the most HP I can gain, but I would like a good balance of power and sound. I also plan to get some new cams as well. My questions are, Which LT headers are best for these applications? which mid pipe is best? can BAMA tune for these? and what numbers can I expect after this is all complete? Thank you!
We can definitely tune for Long Tubes and a Mid-Pipe. You'll pick up a ton of power and low end torque from the long tubes, along with a great rumble. There's a few great exhaust brands out there, it really depends on the price range you're looking at! Give my CS team a call and we'll gladly point you in the right direction.

Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page