2006 Mustang GT-Squealing sound on acceleration - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

2006 Mustang GT-Squealing sound on acceleration

I just purchased a 2006 Mustang GT(Automatic). For the first 1000 miles I keep the speed under 65 MPH. I now have 1200 miles on the car. The other day I hit the gas pedal from a stand still, not to the floor and brought the car up to 75 mph. In second gear ther was a squealing sound and continued in third gear as well.

I went to the dealer and they told me that they have been changing transmissions on the 05 and 06 but with different problems.

Does anyones car make this squealing sound like I am speaking about, and has anyone had their transmission replaced?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Re: Squealing sound on acceleration

welcome to the boards I have a Auto GT...1600 miles...no problems and dont want none Have you done this again? Does it still make the soud?

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006
S197 Member

I 've got 5000 on mine, no squealing yet!

i have heard the stick shifts have been falling apart

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratster
I 've got 5000 on mine, no squealing yet!

i have heard the stick shifts have been falling apart
AAAAHHH!! DON'T JINX ME!!!

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I'm glad that out of 70 views to my email nobody else has herd of this problem. Just keep driving and enjoy the ride.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceJack
I just purchased a 2006 Mustang GT(Automatic). For the first 1000 miles I keep the speed under 65 MPH. I now have 1200 miles on the car. The other day I hit the gas pedal from a stand still, not to the floor and brought the car up to 75 mph. In second gear ther was a squealing sound and continued in third gear as well.
...clip...
What's the problem?

Most people want that to happen!

It's called a Burnout!

Peeling out! :laughlitt

Laying Scratch!

Burning Rubber!

Chirping the tires!:kooky:

2006 RedFire GT Coupe, Premium, Dark Charcoal Leather, Shaker 500, 5-Sp Manual, Active Anti-Theft, IUP, 18" Polished Bullitts, Side Airbags.
Mods: WebElectric Sequentials, OEM Sirius Satellite Radio, OEM Plenum Cover, FRPP GTA Axle Backs, G-TECH PRO RR, C&L Racer CAI / X3 / Brenspeed 91 Tune, Ford Racing 'Bullitt' Strut Brace, Hurst Billet Shifter.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Squealing sound is what im getting from my 07 GT automatic. Been doing it since day 1. Took it in many times and the dealer keeps saying they cant hear it. And on 1 occasion the service advisor kept saying its the rear diff clutches which they replaced under the TSB twice. Guess what, its still making the noise and I know for a fact its not the clutches on the diff. Its 2nd gear making the noise.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009
PONY Member

Yea you are just chirping the tires. Nothing bad there unless you want to save your tires.

2008 Dark Candy Red V6 Coupe 220hp/232torq SOLD
2006 F250 XLT 6.0L Turbo Diesel Innovative Xtreme Street Tune
1967 Coupe w/ 289 Auto
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scolagiaco View Post
Squealing sound is what im getting from my 07 GT automatic. Been doing it since day 1. Took it in many times and the dealer keeps saying they cant hear it. And on 1 occasion the service advisor kept saying its the rear diff clutches which they replaced under the TSB twice. Guess what, its still making the noise and I know for a fact its not the clutches on the diff. Its 2nd gear making the noise.
Clutch packs never make a squealing sound. They had no idea what they were talking about.

1965 Mustang Coupe
GT Member

Squealing can be from belt slippage, but I would expect that in 1st gear.

I've heard of people with alternators going out that initially were misdiagnosed as transmission noise.

Definately not rear end clutch packs.

5r55s auto trans in Explorers and some early year s197's had problems with low reverse planetaries and made a whining sound.

That noise mostly shows up as a whine in the shift from 1st to 2nd, and maybe a much lesser whine from 2nd to 3rd.

Another source can be the transimission valve body separator plate/gasket.

To a degree, the auto trans do make a low/reverse whine, but most of the time you really have to listen for it. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, and/or your windows are down, you pretty much don't notice. That noise is normal though.

I have a V6 with the same 5r55s trans and it did make a lot more noise than normal. Went round and round with the dealer. The usual stuff you would expect. They finally tore it apart and the head tech said the low reverse planetaries showed abnormal wear, so they replaced a bunch of parts under warranty.

I got the car back, and the noise was different but still there, and still loud.

They brought out a Ford field engineer and we both test drove the car. Afterwards, he wrote up a report and got me a replacement transmission which was much quieter.

The noise didn't bother me, but I was paranoid about stuff breaking down. I was holding off on a bunch of mods because I didn't want the dealer to blame the mods for anything that might break in the transmission.

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!
AEM, MSD, JBA, Zabteck, FRPP X, Dynomax bullets, Pype Bombs, J&M, Steeda, Tokico d-spec, H&R Race, Eibach, Shelby Fays2, Shaftmasters, 8.8, t-lok, 3.73, OE Wheels Cobra R 18x9/10, Nitto 555 255/285, Hawk HPS, GT/CS F/R fascia
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ugly View Post
Another source can be the transimission valve body separator plate/gasket.
I think that's generally a rattling noise though.

1965 Mustang Coupe
GT Member

Isn't the rattle noise from a plate somewhere in the bell housing?

I meant the plate/gasket under the valve body that's actually inside the transmission.

I think it's something about the high pressure hydraulics going through some restrictions and causing a high frequency whine or oscillation.

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!
AEM, MSD, JBA, Zabteck, FRPP X, Dynomax bullets, Pype Bombs, J&M, Steeda, Tokico d-spec, H&R Race, Eibach, Shelby Fays2, Shaftmasters, 8.8, t-lok, 3.73, OE Wheels Cobra R 18x9/10, Nitto 555 255/285, Hawk HPS, GT/CS F/R fascia
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ugly View Post
Isn't the rattle noise from a plate somewhere in the bell housing?

I meant the plate/gasket under the valve body that's actually inside the transmission.

I think it's something about the high pressure hydraulics going through some restrictions and causing a high frequency whine or oscillation.
I got you.... Yeah, we're talking two different things...

1965 Mustang Coupe
Rookie

I have the same problem! I think...
2005 mustang gt, 5spd... I start my car up, it squeals... It squeals when i idle, it squeals when i accelerate, and the squealing goes away at a certain amount of pressure when braking... I thought it would be a belt, but would braking stop the noise? I thought it was the actual brakes, but why would those make noise when i idle? I'm confused... any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page