Recently installed FRPP spring lowering kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Recently installed FRPP spring lowering kit

Recently installed FRPP spring lowering kit (1.5" drop) and dual pod auto meter gauges with tach light. Added a few racing stickers to the rear window.
Makes a nice difference.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FRPP Lowering Kit.JPG
Views:	990
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	16594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto Meter Gauges.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	386.2 KB
ID:	16595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Racing Stickers.JPG
Views:	644
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	16596  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006
S197 Member

looks pretty good im gonna get the FRPP full suspension kit for my 06

please tell me you got electronic gauges for the 2 u have

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I like everything except the stickers in the window.....no stickers

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006
S197 Member

Lookin great there Hazmat. I love the location of that shift light. very kewlllll.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

You've got to be kidding with those stickers. KYB? Melling? Pertronix? Even if you had
KYB shocks, and be thankful you don't, it's nothing to brag about. In general your car looks nice, just get rid of the rice.

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006
MACH I Member

Garage
Am I seeing right, your trunk stripes go under the wing? The wing didn't get stripped? Different.....

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
I would say nix the stickers in the window, but I guess it kind of goes with all the badging you have on the fenders

2005 GT Premium,torch red, all available factory options.
Performance mods: Lets just say it's not stock.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This IntelliTXT stuff sucks.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The new Mustangs look great lowered.The black with chrome wheels look sweet!It looks like an all American street machine to me. Poco

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgman
I would say nix the stickers in the window, but I guess it kind of goes with all the badging you have on the fenders
I say kill all the Bling and let them ask when they catch up
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc
You've got to be kidding with those stickers. KYB? Melling? Pertronix? Even if you had
KYB shocks, and be thankful you don't, it's nothing to brag about. In general your car looks nice, just get rid of the rice.
I didnt know stickers equated to rice. I put them on for looks. Obviously there is mixed opinion about them. The bottom line is that I like them, so you dont have too. I thought you Cali. guys were alot more mellower. Chill dude....
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgman
Another hater.... OK, I'll take the stickers off after the summer. Hows that for a comprimise. Even with the stickers the car flies. I was wondering what some of your secret mods were???
Apprentice
S197 Member

Leave your car the way you want it. It is YOUR car after all. I like a cleaner look, but, that is my opinion and what I want for my car. I say make it your's, not everyone else's. Let it express your own personality. If you like the performance stickers, leave them on.:thumbsup

'05 GT premium, satin silver w/ light graphite and painted 5-spokes, IUP, active anti-theft, side airbags, and wheel locks
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Back to the FRPP (put stickers wherever you like). I started out in the Full Forward/Firmest Setting but realized that the ride was "bone-jarring" to say the least. Wound up putting the adjustment in the Full Rear/Softest Setting and now I actually feel like I have shocks again. Bottom line the adjustment on the front bar really does make a big difference. Since I've ridden it both ways I think the Mid Setting/Street Performance would probably be tolerable. Depends alot on where you drive obviously. If you mainly drive on smooth interstate type roads than the Firmest Setting would be fine.

2010 Roush Stage 1, Kona Blue
2011 Camaro SS Convertible, Red Jewel
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMach
I like everything except the stickers in the window.....no stickers
Same here. IT's like a walking advertisement. LEave that to the ricers. :-P

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatLadder26
I didnt know stickers equated to rice. I put them on for looks. Obviously there is mixed opinion about them. The bottom line is that I like them, so you dont have too. I thought you Cali. guys were alot more mellower. Chill dude....
Well, Melling is best known for oil pumps, Pertronix makes kits to convert ancient Kettering ignition systems to electronic, and KYB builds cheap shock absorbers. What motivated you to choose those particular companies to display on your beautiful Mustang only you can answer. I'm probably twice your age which may be why I don't get it. In any case I think that 99% of what you've done to your car is great, including your awesome wax job. BTW, which brand of pedals do you have? I plan to do some track days with my car but the gap between the brake and gas pedals is a little too wide for comfortable heel/toe downshifting.

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page