eibach or frpp sway bars?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

eibach or frpp sway bars??

I was planning on thr FRPP kit, but just found a killer deal on the eibach swaybar set. Anybody have opinions on one vs the other?

Is anybody running the eibach bars with a mostly stock suspension?

Anybody?

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006

FRPP Kit

I rented a Shelby which has the FRPP Handling Pack. I thought is was perfect. Firm ride, very flat cornering, stable on highway. I'm thinking of getting it for my '06. I would keep the 17" rims though. it might get too harsh with anything bigger.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

To the best of my knowledge the FRPP & Eibach are exactly the same. I got the FRPP ones and they came with Eibach directions, Eibach grease and Eibach mounts for the rear.

You can see the project at Grassroots Motorsports

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

The FRPP sway bars are made by Eibach.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

excellent. I stumbled on a reputable internet source selling the eibach set for $100 less than the FRPP. Now I need to double check all the details, and see if I can get on it while they're still offering.

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006
S197 Member

anyone know how much the eibach set it online? and what is the website?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

Eibach Sway Kit

Here is where I was thinking.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...roducts_id=984

------------------------------------
Brent
Mr Pepsi
07 GT Black on Black
+K&N Filter, +Mac Axle Back Exhaust
+Koni Sport adjustable shocks
+H&K Springs, +Eiback front and rear Sways
+++FUN
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007
S197 Member

The FRPP one are 388.95 At Summit Racing

Ford Racing Anti-Sway Bars: FMS-M-5490-A - summitracing.com
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

I got my FRPP's from Summit for $388.95 plus a handling fee of $6 and installed myself. The directions and parts all had Eibach's name on them. All other suspension parts are stock on my 06 GT. It made a big difference in cornering. Good mod IMO.

06 Mustang GT, Hurst short throw, Flowmasters, Steeda adj suspension system w/ Tokicko D-Specs, LCA's, panhard bar w/ brace, FRPP sway bars & Steeda endlinks, Steeda CAI, 18" deep dish bullitts w/ Nitto's (275's & 255's), CDC chin spoiler, Webasto power moon roof, MagnaCharger, Comp Cams XFI Stage 2 NSR cams, 4.10's, JBA Cat4Ward headers, Shaft Masters 3.5" al DS, MAC Prochamber, FRPP 62mm TB.
Rookie

I got mine from autoanything for less than 290 shipped to me, they had a 20% off sale during that week. The bars came in an eibach box, and stamped eiabach. But also I had one main issue with the rear making some squeaking noise at low speeds. see under V6 forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page