Hurst shifter what is the difference - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Hurst shifter what is the difference

I have a 05 GT Manual trans.What is the difference between the Hurst competition/plus shifter & the Hurst billet/plus shifter.Hurst do not provide specs or explaination on the difference other than they are for a 05 GT Mustang Manual trans.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I just had mine installed last week. The difference is night and day. Use the search function, there were a couple of recent threads about the Hurst products. You can actually feel the gears click into place and the shift into 3rd is no longer a rubbery wobble into the gate. Shift throw goes from about 4.5 inches on the 1-2 shift, down to 2.5 inches. An added benifit is you get the bitchin' retro white ball shift knob! The feel of the shifter and the white knob is like a fast run down memory lane for us old farts!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

After re-reading your question, my response isn't what you were looking for!
It's my understanding that the billet shifter isn't available yet. The "standard" Comp/Plus shifter is made from welded steel parts and the Billet is machined from aluminum. Not worth the extra bucks in my opinion. I can't see how the steel assembly is less rigid than the machined assembly, at least for a part that size. Unless your transmission tunnel is made from clear Lexan, nobody will see the pretty machined billet part any how!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page