White specs on front hood and rear trunk. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Orange
I don't know? Like I said my salesguy hasn't heard anything about it.. I know there is a product out there called.Xzilon that protects the paint for 5 years and it like $500 to get done to the car.. maybe that would help? I am thinking of getting it done anyway.. but those white specs really make me mad.
Me too...you bust your a$$ washing the car and then it looks like it has dust on it after...can't even enjoy 10 minutes of solid shiny black paint

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

This is fairly common on Fords anyway and my new 06 gt I ordered came in like that, with tiny white spots all over the rear quarter panels and hood. The body shop quickly removed all of them under warranty (about 30 minutes). They used some type of liquid polish with a rag.

PONY Member
S197 Member

see i think it looks like I waxed it and didn't do a good job.. and that makes me mad! i keep buggin my sales guy and he doesn't know : (

Rookie

I read somwhere about Industrial Fallout from the plant. You may want to check with your dealer to see if they can fix it. I think it is covered under warranty
Rookie

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Orange
see i think it looks like I waxed it and didn't do a good job.. and that makes me mad! i keep buggin my sales guy and he doesn't know : (
I wonder if the Ford Dealers will actually do that work....

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
PONY Member
S197 Member

I dont know but my sales guy acts like I am the only one he's ever heard this from. So i am sure I would have a hard time trying to get them to fix it
Rookie

I would suggest talking the Service Manager. Ask them to contact their Ford Certified Bodyshop about it.

Bought my 2006 GT Convert from South NJ-THere were white /clear spots all over-Used clay bar kit and poly glaze- both McGuiers-Car is now stunning(torch red)-Takes about 2 hours-well worth it-Get it from Pep Boys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page