My Tokico D Spec settings - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thumbs up My Tokico D Spec settings

Yesterday I took the car to the local SCCA auto cross, and had a chance to dial in the settings on my Tokico D Specs. I was able to dial in after each of the 4 runs and finally ended up with Front 3.75 turns from full firm, Rear 4.0 turns from full firm to get neutral handling with equal tire pressure front and rear..

If you have Tokico D Specs, your tires and suspension may dictate settings which are different from mine. But, these settings might make a good starting point.

'06 GT, manual, Satin Silver, lt. grey cloth int., IUP.
MODIFICATIONS - Goodyear F1 GS-D3s; 245/45 on 18x9, 275/40 on 18x10| Progress Technology springs & sway bars| Steeda adj. panhard bar, panhard brace, front control arm brace & bushings| strut tower brace| Tokico D-Spec dampers| CHE adj. LCAs & BMR relocation brackets |drilled & slotted front rotors| C&L intake| BamaChips SCT tune| FRPP 4.10 ring & pinion| Pypes off road H-pipes| FRPP GTA mufflers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have been running 3.5 up front and 4 in the rear for a while, and it is a really good setting - not too rough, but still handles superbly!

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

2012 Shelby GT500, Black on black
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006
Rookie

I think you guys need to test a completely new suspension. Please send you old one to me, including the D-Specs, and I will test them to see if I get the same results you did.

Seriously though, you got rid of the push going into a corner? I hate that, but I have to wait till Tax Returns to fix it.

Have fun, and please send old suspension quickly!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraj
I think you guys need to test a completely new suspension. Please send you old one to me, including the D-Specs, and I will test them to see if I get the same results you did.

Seriously though, you got rid of the push going into a corner? I hate that, but I have to wait till Tax Returns to fix it.

Have fun, and please send old suspension quickly!
Yes. It is possible to get rid of the push/understeer by adjusting the suspension.

However, I think it will be necessary for me to continue to do further "testing" on my current suspension system. So I won't be able to send it to you yet.

MODIFICATIONS - Goodyear F1 GS-D3s; 245/45 on 18x9, 275/40 on 18x10| Progress Technology springs & sway bars| Steeda adj. panhard bar, panhard brace, front control arm brace & bushings| strut tower brace| Tokico D-Spec dampers| CHE adj. LCAs & BMR relocation brackets |drilled & slotted front rotors| C&L intake| BamaChips SCT tune| FRPP 4.10 ring & pinion| Pypes off road H-pipes| FRPP GTA mufflers.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

What are you using to adjust your front camber and what do you have it set at?

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc
What are you using to adjust your front camber and what do you have it set at?
For the sake of tire wear since 99.99% of my driving is daily, on the street, to and from the office, I have stayed with minimal camber. I did need to use a camber bolt on the left side after installing the lowering springs. The best my alignment shop could do was -0.75 on the left, -1.0 on the right. I would like for both to be -1.0, but the alignment shop didn't want to fiddle with it anymore.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007

Not to shanghai your post,but you guys may be interested in the remote adjusters for the trunk,they are SO trick...
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...aking-new.html
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrosser View Post
Yesterday I took the car to the local SCCA auto cross, and had a chance to dial in the settings on my Tokico D Specs. I was able to dial in after each of the 4 runs and finally ended up with Front 3.75 turns from full firm, Rear 4.0 turns from full firm to get neutral handling with equal tire pressure front and rear..

If you have Tokico D Specs, your tires and suspension may dictate settings which are different from mine. But, these settings might make a good starting point.
I've been running 3.5 front, 4 rear. I am still not quite dialed though. Next time out I'm going to soften the front a little more. The last event, I was getting some spin on the inside rear tire. I need more weight transfer to the rear coming out of slower turns. Yeah, I know, if I waited to feed the throttle it would stop the spin, but I'm not patient. lol. Are you running ESP class with those mods? I put Falkens on the stock wheels so I could stay in STX. (much better index).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page