Raxiom Gen5 Tail Lights - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Raxiom Gen5 Tail Lights

I recently purchased the Raxiom Gen5 Tail Lights and I installed them yesterday. I know this is just a plug and play deal so I was confused what happened next. I tested the lights and they work a bit off. When I hit the turn signal left or right, both halo LED's light as well as which side sequential was hit. So if I hit the left turn signal the left halo and right halo would blink and the left middle lights would sequence. The right side would be the same thing just right middle lights would sequence. I have no idea why this happens. When the hazards are on, All the lights blink. The halos and middle lights. When the park lights are on though, everything works normal. I then turned off the car and when away for a few minutes. I returned and checked the lights again and they magically worked as they should. I was shocked to what had changed but thought maybe it just worked itself out. I woke this morning and started the car up and checked the lights again, but they were back to the crazy blinking. I am going crazy at this point. I have led bulbs on my turn signals in front but never had a problem with them affecting my tails, do you guys think maybe that's the problem? I had LED taillights before and it never affected them. I don't know how a plug and play thing would act so strange. I also had the first set sent back and got a second set and same thing. I hope you guys can help.

2006 Vista Blue GT

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Last edited by Unique_GT85; 03-06-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014
PONY Member

Are these the ones with the reverse light moved to the bottom of the housing, or am I thinking of something else? I just got my set of Raxiom lights for my 2011 that move the reverse light to the bottom and its supposed to be completely plug and play. Take the bulbs out and insert into the new housing. Sounds like you have something going on with your LED's to me. Ive seen a lot of people have problems with them locally. Just a thought...

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

No I have a 06 GT, these are the ones :

Raxiom Mustang Gen 5 Style Tail Lights 49169 (05-09 All) - Free Shipping

I have no idea why both lights blink when I hit the turn signal, Its only when I have my park lights off. I have seen the lights go back to normal then back to the crazy blinking so its pretty strange. When I have my park lights or headlights on, everything works great. I will go and check my wires and grounds to see if everything is hooked up right, I never had an issue before but who knows.

2006 Vista Blue GT

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_GT85 View Post
I recently purchased the Raxiom Gen5 Tail Lights and I installed them yesterday. I know this is just a plug and play deal so I was confused what happened next. I tested the lights and they work a bit off. When I hit the turn signal left or right, both halo LED's light as well as which side sequential was hit. So if I hit the left turn signal the left halo and right halo would blink and the left middle lights would sequence. The right side would be the same thing just right middle lights would sequence. I have no idea why this happens. When the hazards are on, All the lights blink. The halos and middle lights. When the park lights are on though, everything works normal. I then turned off the car and when away for a few minutes. I returned and checked the lights again and they magically worked as they should. I was shocked to what had changed but thought maybe it just worked itself out. I woke this morning and started the car up and checked the lights again, but they were back to the crazy blinking. I am going crazy at this point. I have led bulbs on my turn signals in front but never had a problem with them affecting my tails, do you guys think maybe that's the problem? I had LED taillights before and it never affected them. I don't know how a plug and play thing would act so strange. I also had the first set sent back and got a second set and same thing. I hope you guys can help.

Hey,
I'm assuming you have yet to see the our responses on the other forums, so I'm going to repost it in here incase this is the one you check first or most often. Post is as follows-

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your tails. These are certainly an awesome set of lights, but they have to be functional at the same time.

Being, for the most part a plug in play design I can't imagine it being anything but the internal wiring or components. All Raxiom products are covered under a 2 year warranty, and this certainly falls under that category.

If you will PM me your information I would be more than happy to get you set up for a replacement set. I know tail lights are a critical component of the car, so I am also going to send these out expedited for you ASAP. I will also throw a t-shirt in as a token of our appreciation.

Please send me a PM with your information and shirt size. If you have any questions in the mean time feel free to get back in touch myself. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience and I will see that this is resolved in a timely manner.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I just installed a set myself last week with no issues. It has to be some internal wiring issue. AM will make it right.

I also installed the shiny black out panel which really enhances these tail lights.

"Leave the gun....Take the Cannolis"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014
OneMoreMod

I had similar issues with a Lexus SC400 I had. I bought the Supra MkIV style taillights for it, but had crazy issues and had to go back to stock.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018
Rookie

Will the 05-10 lights fit on the 2011 mustang I can’t find the tail lights for my car any ideas
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018
Apprentice
S197 Member

Won't fit different shape.

Saleen VI Stage 3 Brenspeed 530 hp, Comp Cams VSR 127300, 410 gears, Trufiber 3" Cowl Hood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page