Check Engine Light after Vortech SC install - PLEASE HELP!!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Check Engine Light after Vortech SC install - PLEASE HELP!!!!

I just installed a Vortech Supercharger in my 2005 Mustang and I have received the following ODB system errors on my Diablosport Tuner:

P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 1)

P2005 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 2)

I need help in getting the codes fixed and so the check engine light goes out.

Thanks for the help!!!

SA

Last edited by 2005roush; 02-11-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: made more clear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007
4.6L Member

Well don't freak out just make sure you dont run the engine anymore. Find the # for diablosport and they can help you. You may have gotten a wrong tune for your car. You can also go to the site and find the nearest dealer and tuner for diablosport. I had what I thought a impossible to fix fuel problem "super rich", and the tech worked it out within 3 pulls on the dyno without a custom tune and I am running 19lb injectors on 350hp to the wheels on spray. Also even if it had worked without a code you still need to dyno it at a diablo dealer tuner. And there are codes that come up under the code diagnostic even on a regular tuned car but is normal. But however those codes do trip the engine light do require quick attention. I hope I did not ramble on too much please mail me back if you have any other questions.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007
Rookie
S197 Member

Did you install the cmrc delete plates along with the sc install? or check anything might have anything to do with them. Either way I would be careful running over 3-4K rpm with that base tune. Try to get her to a good tuner as soon as possible.. good luck.

Broken 2005 Non-screamn' yellow GT

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zmanm3
A good tuner is a good idea for any of these car that gets a S/C or turbo put on

05 - Zeon body kit, Saleen S/C, 3.6" pully, 90mm MAF, L/T Heders, Catted X-Pipe, Saleen Race Craft suspension, Axel brace, Pan hard bar. More to come this spring from my friends at PMP and Larry H.
65 - Street force coil over front suspension, Wilwood disk breaks at all 4 wheels, More construction in progress! More to come this spring from Simons Auto & Restoration!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Something's definitely wrong in the tune. They may have programmed it for CRMC deletes when you're still running the stock plates.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I was thinking along the same lines but why would you leave the stock plates in if your putting on a supercharger. I agree with you STL.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
I was thinking along the same lines but why would you leave the stock plates in if your putting on a supercharger. I agree with you STL.
With the Vortech, Paxton, & Procharger there is no required modification to the plenum or runners. It's the top mount s/c that replace the entire workings of the CMRC plates.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I agree but if your going that far to increase the amout of air to the cylinders why leave the restrictive plates installed. I would think that would be a natural change.

Haa I'm thinking out side the box again, or am I?

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
I agree but if your going that far to increase the amout of air to the cylinders why leave the restrictive plates installed. I would think that would be a natural change.

haha.. yes you are.. I think the general census from people is 12-14+ psi, but with the kits only being 99 bucks and whipple, kb, and saleen giving it to people you would think the others would. hummm

Broken 2005 Non-screamn' yellow GT
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:

It would be the logical move, especially as Lost Soul pointed out, for $99 for the FRPP plates. I just think it's probably often overlooked.

1965 Mustang Coupe
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005roush View Post
I just installed a Vortech Supercharger in my 2005 Mustang and I have received the following ODB system errors on my Diablosport Tuner:

P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 1)

P2005 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 2)

I need help in getting the codes fixed and so the check engine light goes out.

Thanks for the help!!!

SA
Welcome to the club of aftermarket parts and check engine lights. This has always been an issue here and on other auto sites. I hope you get it resolved as I will NEVER again put aftermarket parts on my future sports cars. It either comes from the factory the way I want it or I will look elsewhere.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Welcome to the club of aftermarket parts and check engine lights. This has always been an issue here and on other auto sites. I hope you get it resolved as I will NEVER again put aftermarket parts on my future sports cars. It either comes from the factory the way I want it or I will look elsewhere.
Have trouble before, did ya Mark..........lol.
I feel your pain brother.........not with this car but many many others.
but you have to admit, solving those "little problems" is like arguing with the wife and getting them fixed is kinda like making up with the wife.......ain't nuthin better

2014 GT Black 6R80

2006 Mustang GT Tungsten ,auto, C&L Racer, BBK LT and O/R "X", LCA's, 4.10, CDC Shaker, CMCV deltes, COmp127200 cams, PI 3000 tq con

1/8 mile 7.83 @ 89 mph
1/4 mile N/A
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry5357 View Post
Have trouble before, did ya Mark..........lol.
I feel your pain brother.........not with this car but many many others.
but you have to admit, solving those "little problems" is like arguing with the wife and getting them fixed is kinda like making up with the wife.......ain't nuthin better
Great analogy Terry...

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thanks for all the insight guys. I bought a membership to alldatadiy.com last night and it walked me through the problem. It seems the control arms were caught up in wires behind the intake. I fixed the problem in 2 minutes and reflashed the Diablo. No problems after that. There are two tech bulletins out there - if anyone else has this problem - shoot me an email and I can walk you through the process.....

Thanks again for the help
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005roush View Post
Thanks for all the insight guys. I bought a membership to alldatadiy.com last night and it walked me through the problem. It seems the control arms were caught up in wires behind the intake. I fixed the problem in 2 minutes and reflashed the Diablo. No problems after that. There are two tech bulletins out there - if anyone else has this problem - shoot me an email and I can walk you through the process.....

Thanks again for the help
Fantastic... Membership already paid off for you

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page