Windshield Replacement Question - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
S197 Member

My replacement windshield with the pony logo was only $235 installed. No leaks or anything, just like OEM.

2008 Mustang GT vapor silver {JLT II CAI, TCI 3000 stall, 4.10 gears, HP Tuners(tuned by me) [email protected] on stock tires}
1998 Mustang V6 {gears,CAI}
1988 Mustang GT {347 Dart stroker,RHS heads,PA C4, [email protected]}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to techiegt05
I need to have mine replaced on my 05 GT..So you are saying Safelite is way to go? The glass company my insurance wants like $670 to replace the windshield!! My deductible is $500 so I want to shop around... I will check out Safelite, but any other suggestions I would appreciate

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
You are generally going to get a better deal not going through your insurance company.

1965 Mustang Coupe

Banned
4.6L Member

yeah bro, if you have Geico you can get two new a year "free"! If you have comprehensive...just had all 3 cars done on my driveway, didn't cost me a penny
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
yeah bro, if you have Geico you can get two new a year "free"! If you have comprehensive...just had all 3 cars done on my driveway, didn't cost me a penny
Depends on what state you live in. Glass coverage in MD is subject to your deductible. When I lived in NY and AZ, glass coverage was included and had a zero deductible.

1965 Mustang Coupe
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblorry View Post
It's a lot less expensive now. Apparently, they're making their own windshields. Mine has a crack and I priced them just this past week. Without the horsie, it's like $315, and with it's $325. But why would anyone want to get one without the logo?
mine was replaced with out the pony after my deer crash. but it has the same dot pattern as the oem (minus the pony) on the inside and dark tint along the top. at first i wasnt sure i liked it but its way nicer in the 100+ degree sun down here. :yelpleased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	window louvs2.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	82349  

05 V6 auto,
Rookie

Windshield replacement

Just get it resin injected, you will barely be able to see the repair and you won't have to worry about replacement leaks
PONY Member
S197 Member

I had mine replaced about a year ago with the OEM Ford Pony, etc.,...I decided to pay for it rather than report it to the insurance company (I paid $250)...so far so good...only thing was that the installer placed the windshield a tiny bit closer to the passenger side and as a result the black plastic frame at the very top passenger corner is a bit misshapen...you wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out to you. Just make sure that the installer aligns it evenly from side to side (they only have a few minutes to make that little bit of adjustment once the windshield touches the black urethane sealant)...
I've had no rattles, leaks, or wind noise...(knock on wood).
Definitely go with the OEM Ford Pony Windshield...

P.S. I replaced it because I had a very small chip, the size of the letter "o" in my line of vision...drove me crazy...especially when the rest of the windshield was clear. I just kept focusing on it and it was a real distraction...I know that sounds crazy, oh, well...

2006 Mustang GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Light Graphite Leather, Auto, Shaker 500, IUP

Current Stable:
2006 Mustang GT
2002 Nissan Maxima
2001 Corvette Coupe
2011 Honda Pilot
Rookie

Re :

I would like to say that I got my Windshield

I used Safelite.They did a great job...Had it done it my garage.Set up appoinment online and they made all the arrangements with the insurance company.Imagine my suprise when they tech showed up and turns out he was a Mustang guy.This was my second windshield that was cracked due to road construction.The first replacement made noises at highway speeds...This one is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page