Autolite HT0 spark plugs? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Autolite HT0 spark plugs?

So i burned out my sparkplugs last week, with a 150 shot of nitrous, and i had to get new ones. By internet suggestion i was sent to the Autolite HTO spark plugs that were 9.99$ each from summit racing.

So i got my spark plugs and since i am going to continue to run nitrous, with higher octane gas of course, i need to gap the spark plugs to .38 like i am used to. Now my question is how the hell do i gap these things? I went to ford thinking they have all the tools, first thing that happens is the 2 service managers tell me they will void my car's warranty if i have these spark plugs installed. Then they call a mechanic and he told me that those spark plugs come with no gap. Then i tell them that they are stupid and then they told me to leave. I had to get my car running again so i just put the spark plugs on how they came. Please any comments or suggestions would help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007
RPM
S197 Member

'ya needs one of dem new fangled gappin' tools. Do a search, quite a few vendors sell them, about $25 IIRC.

A "mechanic" told you your plugs have no gap? What a friggin' moron. dealers

Old 03-08-2007
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
'ya needs one of dem new fangled gappin' tools. Do a search, quite a few vendors sell them, about $25 IIRC.
What he said... talk to Josh or Kevin at PMP, they sell them.

Old 03-08-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_w View Post
What he said... talk to Josh or Kevin at PMP, they sell them.
What or who is PMP? and do you have a web site? Thanks

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Old 03-08-2007
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

www.pmparts.com talk to Kevin or Josh...good guys there. I have the gapping tool from them 25 bucks. thing about these plugs is once you go down in size you cant go back. so make sure the gap you want is...what you want. they come pre gapped at .35 i believe.

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
Old 03-08-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
You "can" gap them with a bench vice, a socket, and a cotter pin. But it isn't for someone that is afraid to take chances.

2005 GT Premium,torch red, all available factory options.
Performance mods: Lets just say it's not stock.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This IntelliTXT stuff sucks.
Old 03-09-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMach View Post
www.pmparts.com talk to Kevin or Josh...good guys there. I have the gapping tool from them 25 bucks. thing about these plugs is once you go down in size you cant go back. so make sure the gap you want is...what you want. they come pre gapped at .35 i believe.
I just checked out your web site and that takes you to some heavy equip. site. I tried putting a second P in and found it worked.

www.pmpparts.com

Thanks

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Old 03-24-2007
Apprentice

Autolite HT0 spark plugs?-spark-plug.jpg

Just confirming that the spark plug gapper that you guys are talking about work on this plug. I had the same reaction XModesto had when I picked them up today. I've never seen a plug like that before. I checked and they seem to be gapped at .045. I need to close them up to .035 for my upcoming SC install.

Thanks guys. Great info!

Tony

06 Black GT Premium 5-Speed Coupe - Ford Racing Handling Pack - 20" Black Falken Koblenz Wheels - Kenne Bell 2.6L S/C
Old 03-26-2007
Apprentice

No one?

I've googled this to death and looked in other mustang forums without luck.

I need some help here!

Tony

06 Black GT Premium 5-Speed Coupe - Ford Racing Handling Pack - 20" Black Falken Koblenz Wheels - Kenne Bell 2.6L S/C
Old 03-26-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to thump_rrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
No one?

I need some help here!

Tony
Call Josh or Kevin at www.pmpparts.com they hav the tool for $25.00 I bought mine there.

05 White GT Premium 5 Sp. IUP, Active Alarm
BMR, C&L, Centerforce, Fidanza, FRPP, GI Joe, JBA, JDM Engineering, LPW, Saleen, SCT, Steeda, SOS

S/C 1.613 60'. 4.748 330', 7.332 @ 93.75mph 1/8th, 9.566 1000', 11.427 @ 119.92 1/4mile
Old 03-26-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
No one?

I need some help here!

Tony
Yes, it is made for that type plug.

2005 GT Premium,torch red, all available factory options.
Performance mods: Lets just say it's not stock.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This IntelliTXT stuff sucks.
Old 09-08-2007
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgman View Post
You "can" gap them with a bench vice, a socket, and a cotter pin. But it isn't for someone that is afraid to take chances.
What is the cotter pin for?

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
Old 09-11-2007
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I work at a dealership in Wichita KS. unfortunatly they are right changing the plugs can void your warr. also an oiled air cleaner can void your warr. as just a heads up guys...................Me i dont care about warr. I had a dry kit on my car when it had less than 1,000 miles on it , and exhaust when it was 2 days old just thought I would share that tid bit of info
Old 09-11-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTLIKEYOU View Post
I work at a dealership in Wichita KS. unfortunatly they are right changing the plugs can void your warr. also an oiled air cleaner can void your warr. as just a heads up guys...................Me i dont care about warr. I had a dry kit on my car when it had less than 1,000 miles on it , and exhaust when it was 2 days old just thought I would share that tid bit of info
You're absolutely right... And each dealer is different in how they react to mods. Mine was very unfriendly.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Old 09-11-2007
PONY Member

My dealer told me that if I install the whipple supercharger, my warr. is still good, unless a rod comes out the side of the engine or something like that. They have to prove that the mod caused the failure. The same with the transmission. Remember they do want your business and some dealers are more co-operative then others. I intend to buy the extended warr to cover me for the next 4 years and they will sell it to me even knowing I have the S/C.

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in