Steeda Pedal Covers installed on S197 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Steeda Pedal Covers installed on S197

Well, I got my Steeda pedal covers to add a little Bling to the interior. The install seemed pretty easy and straight forward.

Remove Rubber Pedal covers on Clutch and Brake

Mark the 4 holes you need on each one, drill to 3/16"

Put Billet Covers on and put 4 screws through the hole and tighten nuts on the back.

Gas, just align the pedal, mark, and drill out the plastic to about 1/8" and drive the sheet metal screws in with a srewdriver... they will cut their own threads and hold.

Great... easy enough... Wrong. These were harder and more time consuming than installing the CMCV delete plates.

First off, their bolt pattern does not fit the pedal size very well... be prepared to use a Dremel. The slope of the pedal makes it difficult to drill at best. I suggest using a small drill for a pilot hole and then step up to the 3/16"

You work in a tight space... duh.. I know... but alignment of the covers on the pedal is very difficult. I used vice grip pliers to hold them in place, drilled Pilot Holes, removed covers, and then drilled.

Takes patients to get all the screws and nuts tightened... again because of limited space.

Good news is they look good when done, not a bad mod for $50 in that aspect. It makes the pedal surface area larger and much easier to find and more comfortable for your feet.

Though, overall I give them a thumbs down because of the difficulty in fitting them on when the bolt patter left one on each pedal with a half hole that I had to dremel to fit, don't get me wrong they are not lose and definitely won't come off because they do provide nylon inserted nuts to go with it... but still... who did the R&D on these. I suggest, try a different brand if you want pedal covers.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's

Last edited by stlwagon; 08-04-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007

they do look pretty cool though!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zmanm3
Yes I have to agree that they do look pretty sweet.

05 - Zeon body kit, Saleen S/C, 3.6" pully, 90mm MAF, L/T Heders, Catted X-Pipe, Saleen Race Craft suspension, Axel brace, Pan hard bar. More to come this spring from my friends at PMP and Larry H.
65 - Street force coil over front suspension, Wilwood disk breaks at all 4 wheels, More construction in progress! More to come this spring from Simons Auto & Restoration!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007
4.6L Member

I have a set on my mustang and after a while they get real dull so get ready for the polish! But yea they do look awesome when they are new.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwaterblvd View Post
I have a set on my mustang and after a while they get real dull so get ready for the polish! But yea they do look awesome when they are new.
What do you use on them? I like Eagle one Never Dull for most of my polished and plated metals... are you using a metal polish?

C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

did the set come with a dead pedal? i see the Steedas advertised all the time as 4 in a set in a picture. but I always wondered if you get the dead pedal with the other three.

2005 Mustang GT M5
-I reject your reality and substitute my own-
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007
Rookie

I agree they look good and feel good under you feet, but what a pain to install.

Frank

06 Mustang GT
Roush S/C
Steeda LCA
CHE K-Member Brace
Hurst shifter
FRPP Axle Back

06 Mustang GT, 5 spd, Roush S/C, Roush Fascia, Full Bassani Exhaust, 4.10 gears, Steeda LCAs, CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Straps, M&H Drag Radials, UPR interior Chrome. 12.64 @ 111.00mph (spinning)

Last edited by stlwagon; 08-04-2008 at 08:42 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I got the 3pc set. I didn't want the dead pedal. The support that the factory install under the carpet is plenty for me as I hardly ever drive long distances in this car. I didn't want the extra piece setting over there. Just personal prefrence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page