2006 Mustang Any Problem Running 1000w AMP System In My Car? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

2006 Mustang Any Problem Running 1000w AMP System In My Car?

I just got 2 12" subwoofers and a 1000w amp. Will i have any problems running that big of an amp or system in my car?

2006 GT....White On Black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007
S197 Member

I would recommend a 5 Farad Cap or an extra battery. That is a good amount of juice. In additon - DYNAMAT EVERYTHING!!! The trunk of these things is like a tin can - no damping material AT ALL!!!!

Good Luck!!!
SA

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005roush View Post
I would recommend a 5 Farad Cap or an extra battery. That is a good amount of juice. In additon - DYNAMAT EVERYTHING!!! The trunk of these things is like a tin can - no damping material AT ALL!!!!

Good Luck!!!
SA
You probably won't need the cap, but roush is right about the Dynamat. Pumping that much bass will make the car shake apart, lol. Nah, but you will hear the trunk rattling away. Have you replaced your rear deck speakers? They don't produce anything but bass also, so when you turn it up, that will rattle as well. You may want to pay to have the trunk matted. I just did mine and it is a long, teidous, tiring process. The doors aren't nearly as difficult and painstaking.

Look up this topic in the audio and alarms forum for more info or just ask me. I've nearly ripped the entire car apart trying to get my stereo just right.

2005 Sonic Blue GT

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Yea, when i actually drive my car hard i can tell there isnt a whole lot of juice left for he speakers. its not that bad, just cant fly around with loud bass.

I am going to get new rear speakers along with new tweeters and 8" sub in door. some recommendations on what to get for either of those would be nice also .

PS. My last subs i had slid around in my trunk, would it be smart to nail them down (not literally) to the car. might stop someone from trying to steal them also.

2006 GT....White On Black.

Last edited by moose_knuckle; 03-21-2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Im a putz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page