has anyone finally put the tint problem to bed? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE View Post
i got mine @ www.automoleskin.com . i have not installed them yet, but the instructions are good and come with photographs. it does require removal of the door panel. i will leave this to the tint shop to do! all it is is strips of felt with a sticky back..some guys have just used felt from a craft shop..search the 2005+ talk forums for more info.
Thanks for the link...big help

05 Mustang GT Coupe (Modifications in profile)
91 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible (Bone Stock)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

talked to the local tint lady here in muskogee usa, and when she tints the new mustangs, she puts the felt in automatically, due to the scratching issue. costs a little more, but she says she won't do it unless it's done right.

GT Member
S197 Member

Thanks for info,Will check into before getting tint.Hope no moles were injured getting this moleskin.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.

Hi guys! Long time lurker here. J

I just wanted to give everyone a warning and heads up against purchasing your moleskin felt from that ebay auction a few posts back.
Two weeks ago I purchased a moleskin kit from bdmridgeback on ebay.

My husband installed it and guess what? SCRATCHES already!!!
The moleskin came off and did not stay put after only TWO WEEKS!

My husband is very meticulous too and prepped it before hand thoroughly. A neighbor down the street from me also has a mustang and they said they bought a kit from tintprotector.com / automoleskin.com almost two years ago and it has been perfect, no scratches and no peeling off.

That guy bdmridgeback on ebay sells the generic stuff claiming itís the same quality that Tint Protector manufactures. Well, Itís NOT!

I just get upset when people sell low quality goods stating they are meant for a purpose they obviously arenít.

I should have done my research first! Tint Protector here we come.

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr View Post
i've been afraid to tint my car because of that scratching issue so many here have talked about...so i'm wondering if anyone found the perfect answer...and also since i see so many new york guys on lately, whered you guys get yours done at?
The company that tinted my windows replaced the felt on the inside to protect the tint... However the outside of my windows is getting scratched by rolling them up and down!!!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneylynn1977 View Post
The company that tinted my windows replaced the felt on the inside to protect the tint... However the outside of my windows is getting scratched by rolling them up and down!!!
Can someone show me a picture of these scratches if they have them currently? I was looking at my friends explorer and he has these vertical lines that look like scratches...but im not sure.

I definitely would not want my windows to look like that. With my job and as much driving as i do im at even a higher risk for scratches.

P.S. What percentage tint do you have on the sides rodney?

2006 GT....White On Black.
DGS
Apprentice
S197 Member

Had my tint done by Sunset Ford in Peoria AZ.
It was $249 (I think) and guaranteed not to scratch EVER!
They use a felt liner on both sides of the window.
Very quiet too.

2007 GT/ GTA Mufflers/ Hurst Short throw/BMR Lwr & upper adj.control arms/ BMR Adj. panhard rod & brace/ Prothane motor mounts/FRPP 4.10 & LPW cover/ Steeda CMDP/Eibach suspension kit/BMR Lwr control arm brackets/ Powerhouse driveshaft with safety loop/Steeda UDP/ Mezeire electric h20 pump, Mishimoto Aluminum radiator/ C&L Racer with SCT2 tuning by Brenspeed.
Rookie

[quote=moose_knuckle;649190]Can someone show me a picture of these scratches if they have them currently?quote]

Just ran across this in a search. 3 years later!

Here is a pic of what the tint scratches look like.

Window tint scratches up close - Use Tint Protector Kits to prevent this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page