2005 Mustang GT headlights suck!!! What do I do? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

2005 Mustang GT headlights suck!!! What do I do?

These headlights suck. I ordered a new set of bulbs, thinking that they would be brighter than the stock ones. Needless to say, they aren't. Can I just break that little black cover thing off the headlight? What is the purpose of that anyway? I don't want to blind anyone, but I feel like I can't see farther than 10 feet in front of me. I'm in San Diego, it's not like we have an influx of clouds or fog on a regular basis. I see these HID kits on ebay and other sites; are they worth it? They are kinda pricey IMO. Same for new headlights. I don't need a set of floodlights, I just don't want to hit someone b/c my lights sucked. Thanks for the help.

2005 Sonic Blue GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

Go to www.headlightarmor.com and take a look at the HID Blue covers. I put them on my Stang and it made the stock bulbs Super White. It is VERY easy to install. Takes about 30 minutes to install. You will kick yourself in the ass when you see how white these things make your headlights.
Lata.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleknight88 View Post
Go to www.headlightarmor.com and take a look at the HID Blue covers. I put them on my Stang and it made the stock bulbs Super White. It is VERY easy to install. Takes about 30 minutes to install. You will kick yourself in the ass when you see how white these things make your headlights.
Lata.

I like the functionality of those but I dont know how I like the blue look. Could you post some pics?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

weird, I love the stock Headlights

When you ride like lightning... you strike like thunder !

07 GT
Automatic - Red on Black -
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

My stockers are awesome and we use studdd tires so the lines get all worn down, on the roads. In the rain, unless youknow the road, you cannot tell where you are on it.

It is possible your stock headlights were not aimed correctly, from the factory. Drop by Ford and have them check it out before you make major changes that won't help (if they are just aimed at the ground directly in front of the car. Also I *love* the foglights. They light up the road, overlapping my lowbeams, twice as bright. Love it. Looks cool too.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007

I put the Silver Stars bulbs in and the seem pretty good
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007
S197 Member

Are you saying that theres a problem with you headlights or you just don't like the stock headlights?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
I had an 05 and now I have the 06... Both of them suck for lighting up the road. I have had plenty of cars that did a better job.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ofcourse our stock HL can't be compared to an Angel-Eye Xenon bmw headlight or something similiar, but i sometimes drive at night with my fogs only cuz it seems they're the normal headlights hehe:hihi:

When you ride like lightning... you strike like thunder !

07 GT
Automatic - Red on Black -
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleknight88 View Post
Lata.
bigwilly is complaining about the amount of light emitted from the oem bulbs and you want him to furthur reduce candela by tinting his headlight covers??

IMO, w/o going HID or adding a set of better directed "driving lights" you only option really is to swap out the oem bulbs to something along the line of the sylvania or ge higher output "purplish" tinted bulbs that WILL increase the amount of light emitted

if you wanna spend some real money go for the saleen HID kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page