ZEX 75 Shot on Top of a BSpeed 93 Tune? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007 Thread Starter
Rookie

ZEX 75 Shot on Top of a BSpeed 93 Tune?

Understand most of the basic information just need clarification on a few points:
  • Adjusting timing - The Zex instructions warn against using *any* performance tune (even with the 75 shot) which has not been adjusted for nitrous (timing reduced). Is this really an issue or can I run a 75 shot right on top of my Brenspeed 93 octane tune without additional adjustments?
  • Adjusting timing (part deux) - So when going to the 100 or 125 shot do I really need a custom N20 tune ($75 from Brenspeed) or can I simply use the customizing features with the SCT to modify my base 93 tune to remove the requisite degrees of timing? If so, what timing vs rpm ranges did you use?
  • Nozzle location - Again, the ZEX instructions call for placement 6-18" in front of the throttle body. Opinions here? Further is better (to provide N20, fuel mix according to BSpeed's instructions) but to what point?
Thanks!

Saleen Series VI 432rwhp/406rwtq - Hurst Shifter - 4.10 gears - Bassani mufflers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
You're better off running a custom nitrous tune vs taking a chance on your own. Not worth the risk.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007
S197 Member

If you go to Brenspeeds site under the tech section they might answer your question. I would call them before using the zex if you havent already because they have experience with it. Brenspeeds site has the colder plugs you will need when using over a 75 shot. Get used to replacing and checking plugs if you decide on nitrous also. You'll loose power with the Nitrous tune and colder plugs when running on motor. I've only used a plate system so can't comment on the nozzle placement. Just don't be surprised if you have a nitrous backfire with the wet system. The good thing is you can find spare intakes for around a hundred bucks. Fuel can puddle in the intake and cause some mixture problems. Nitrous is alot of fun though, good luck. And buy an extra bottle :hihi:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nitrousbackfire.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	27598  

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks guys. I'm putting in the HT0s and dropping back to the 87 tune but still running 93 octane. Here's the answer I got back from Brenspeed today:

I have ran the 75 on our 93 a lot with no issues. To be safer you can load a lower octane tune or pull out timing.

Brenspeed is currently having a very high volume of e-mails. Please expect a delayed response during this time or call 574.594.9559 for faster assistance.

Brent White
http://www.brenspeed.com
Visit Brenspeed.com For Fast Free Shipping & CUSTOM TUNING!
Visit our Brenspeed.com showroom and dyno facility in Indiana for all your mustang needs.
Stocking warehouse for Pypes, C&L, BBK, Spec, Steeda, SCT, Motive Gear, SLP, Mac, JLT, and more!

Please include all e-mail history and transaction numbers in replies. This will speed up our response time.

Saleen Series VI 432rwhp/406rwtq - Hurst Shifter - 4.10 gears - Bassani mufflers
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

buy the kit form Breenspeed and they will give you the tune for free. the Zex kit is cheep there anyway. let me know if you found a better price.

07 Stang MT- SCT, JLT CAI, 4.10s, Zex Nitrous, Zex Remote Bottle opener, and other fun Nitrous stuff. TPMS Pipe Bomb mod

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."- Albert Einstein
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007
S197 Member

Your car will be insane with nitrous and 4.10's. Is it just for the street or do you race it some?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStang06 View Post
Your car will be insane with nitrous and 4.10's. Is it just for the street or do you race it some?
Just street right now. Figure I should be in the low 13s with the CAI/ Tune and 4.10s and solidly in the 12s with the 75 shot.

Problem now is traction. My suspension and shoes are still bone stock and she hops like a bunny on a hard launch.

Gonna fix that and work my way to a 125 shot. Love to break into the 11s.

Will take it to the track somewhere a long the line - just to make it official :hihi:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page