Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/)
-   -   Steeda CMDP install, Screws Problem ! (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/79045-steeda-cmdp-install-screws-problem.html)

Petit Poney 05-12-2007 01:08 PM

Steeda CMDP install, Screws Problem !

I just install the new (cheap) Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates, all performed in one hour and half without major problem despite my limited skill in mecanic, plug in the Predator and install the tune, everything ok !:shigrin
My heath runing 150 plulses, I switch on ignition and miracle, the engine start on the first atempt and iddle is regular !
Short run, perfect is the word !:D
Back to my garage, clean and put back everything, and Surprise, found the four Torx head screws on the shelf !!!!! (the one which keeps CMDP on the inlet air box)
I knew that maybe something had to be wrong, that's it !!:cursing:
Question, can I drive the car like that or do I need to dismantle the inlet air box again and put these lovely screws ?
I was so happy !!!!!:frustrated:
Thanks for your help to a poor French lost on the other part of Atlantic !!!

bigwilly43729 05-12-2007 01:19 PM

You can probably get away with it, but I wouldn't. You should just take it back apart because you probably won't stop thinking about it until you do.

ArtDisco 05-12-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwilly43729 (Post 661011)
You can probably get away with it, but I wouldn't. You should just take it back apart because you probably won't stop thinking about it until you do.

I agree, I installed the same delete plates on my car, the torx screws do hold the plates to the intake plenum. Probably won't hurt anything, at least in the short term, but I would take it back apart and put them on...if nothing else...just for piece of mind.

And it's not that big of a job.

-Cheers

Kyle F 05-12-2007 03:51 PM

You need to put them in. They are a tighter fit and help the alignemnt of the ports better.

Seems like it would have been a little difficult getting it all back together without them. Or, well at least a bit more than with them.

stlwagon 05-12-2007 08:44 PM

852 Attachment(s)
+1... Hate to say it but you should pull it back apart. But just think how much faster it'll go the second time! :)

Petit Poney 05-13-2007 05:56 AM

Hy Guys,
Thanks for your clever replies, of course I shall dismantle and put these screws where Ford put it originaly, as said, I can't stop thinking about it and I think it will take less time than the first time !!!
Yes, it was not so easy to put the plates on the engine, put the intake plenum on top and adjust everything, but it should be the price of my stupidity, why to do it easy when you can make it difficult ?
Thanks again for your help !

travelers 05-13-2007 09:35 AM

Ah a good mechanic always has parts left over. A except in this case,,,,Not. :hihi:

Mister Roper 05-13-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelers (Post 661555)
Ah a good mechanic always has parts left over...

ROFLMAO

Although there are a few members on this board that won't admit it (at least 2 that I know of), there are some that have chose not to re-use the Torx screws. I'm not sure of the reasoning but they haven't reported any problems with thier set-ups.

Personally, I would put them back on. Think of it as "Mod-Practice".

Petit Poney 05-13-2007 01:51 PM

As I was sure not to have other dream than Torx screws tonight, I decided this afternoon to fix my psychological problem, went to my garage and in fourty minutes, on this sunny sunday afternoon, dismantle, fix the screws properly and put back everything, miracle, it's still working perfectly !!!:shigrin
Now I have to go in my Jacuzzi and relax for one hour, :D anyway, I feel better than yesterday !!!:bounce2:
Thanks again for your precious help !