Steeda CMDP install, Screws Problem ! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Steeda CMDP install, Screws Problem !

I just install the new (cheap) Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates, all performed in one hour and half without major problem despite my limited skill in mecanic, plug in the Predator and install the tune, everything ok !
My heath runing 150 plulses, I switch on ignition and miracle, the engine start on the first atempt and iddle is regular !
Short run, perfect is the word !
Back to my garage, clean and put back everything, and Surprise, found the four Torx head screws on the shelf !!!!! (the one which keeps CMDP on the inlet air box)
I knew that maybe something had to be wrong, that's it !!
Question, can I drive the car like that or do I need to dismantle the inlet air box again and put these lovely screws ?
I was so happy !!!!!
Thanks for your help to a poor French lost on the other part of Atlantic !!!

Mustang 05 GT Sceaming Yellow, manual. Steeda CAI + Predator Bamachip tunes, CMDP, Underdrive Pulley,
Eibach Pro springs, Tokico D spec,Camber plates Steeda Adj Panhard bar + brace, Front G brace, Uca + Lca's & relocation brakets, oil separator, hood pins. FRPP GTA muffler, Saleen HID Headlights & short throw shifter. Steeda 18" Pentar wheels with 255/45/18 front, 275/40/18 back, sequential tail lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007
MACH I Member

You can probably get away with it, but I wouldn't. You should just take it back apart because you probably won't stop thinking about it until you do.

2005 Sonic Blue GT
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to ArtDisco Send a message via Yahoo to ArtDisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwilly43729 View Post
You can probably get away with it, but I wouldn't. You should just take it back apart because you probably won't stop thinking about it until you do.
I agree, I installed the same delete plates on my car, the torx screws do hold the plates to the intake plenum. Probably won't hurt anything, at least in the short term, but I would take it back apart and put them on...if nothing else...just for piece of mind.

And it's not that big of a job.

-Cheers

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
You need to put them in. They are a tighter fit and help the alignemnt of the ports better.

Seems like it would have been a little difficult getting it all back together without them. Or, well at least a bit more than with them.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
+1... Hate to say it but you should pull it back apart. But just think how much faster it'll go the second time!

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Hy Guys,
Thanks for your clever replies, of course I shall dismantle and put these screws where Ford put it originaly, as said, I can't stop thinking about it and I think it will take less time than the first time !!!
Yes, it was not so easy to put the plates on the engine, put the intake plenum on top and adjust everything, but it should be the price of my stupidity, why to do it easy when you can make it difficult ?
Thanks again for your help !

Mustang 05 GT Sceaming Yellow, manual. Steeda CAI + Predator Bamachip tunes, CMDP, Underdrive Pulley,
Eibach Pro springs, Tokico D spec,Camber plates Steeda Adj Panhard bar + brace, Front G brace, Uca + Lca's & relocation brakets, oil separator, hood pins. FRPP GTA muffler, Saleen HID Headlights & short throw shifter. Steeda 18" Pentar wheels with 255/45/18 front, 275/40/18 back, sequential tail lights.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Ah a good mechanic always has parts left over. A except in this case,,,,Not. :hihi:

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
Ah a good mechanic always has parts left over...
ROFLMAO

Although there are a few members on this board that won't admit it (at least 2 that I know of), there are some that have chose not to re-use the Torx screws. I'm not sure of the reasoning but they haven't reported any problems with thier set-ups.

Personally, I would put them back on. Think of it as "Mod-Practice".
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice

As I was sure not to have other dream than Torx screws tonight, I decided this afternoon to fix my psychological problem, went to my garage and in fourty minutes, on this sunny sunday afternoon, dismantle, fix the screws properly and put back everything, miracle, it's still working perfectly !!!
Now I have to go in my Jacuzzi and relax for one hour, anyway, I feel better than yesterday !!!
Thanks again for your precious help !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page