Edelbrock's Dry NOS P/N 70410 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Edelbrock's Dry NOS P/N 70410

Does anyone have any info on this setup? I saw it in the July 5.0 Mag. Stupid question if it is a Dry system why do you need a fuel solenoid? http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=320093

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Can anyone help me with this!!

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007
S197 Member

I'm just going out on a limb here, but I think the picture is incorrect. It looks like a chevy kit to me, not a s197. Our cars need an adapter for the fuel line, which is not in the picture. The add describes a nitrous nozzle and shows a wet plate system. Your right, there is obviously a problem. If you are really interested in the kit I would call Edelbrock and speak with someone. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	edelbrock.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	27910  

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

The plate in the picture is for an S197 throttle body, it looks just like an S197 throttle body spacer. This is clearly a wet system for an S197. In the picture you can see two solenoids, one for fuel and one for N20. You can also see the nozzles one the side of the throttle body plate. This actually looks like a great system as most N20 kits for an S197 require drilling a hole in the air intake tube for N20 injection, while this one has a built in throttle body plate for the injection. Nice.

P.S. If you look next to the black box with the wires hanging out you will see what I believe is the fuel rail adapter, a little silver thing.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007
S197 Member

5twenty, I disagree with what you said. I see you have run nitrous on your mustang. How did you provide fuel if you ran a wet system? The new mustang needs a adapter since we don't have a schrader valve. There is also no nozzle in the picture, only a plate. The jets fit into fitings on the plate, that's not a nozzle. Fuel and nitrous are atomized and combine after exiting holes in the spray bars. The picture doesn't even show all required hardware for installation. The silver thing next to the box is the bottle nut which connects the bottle the the main nitrous line that runs through the car. Just trying to help DougMM,
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

So a wet system runs additional fuel into the TB from a separate pump? And a dry system relies on you running super rich at higher RPMs while dumping in the nitrous alone?

Let me know if I am getting this wrong.

Ballpark, how many seconds of boost does a ten pound bottle hold for a N/A s197 w/ 100hp shot?

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStang06 View Post
5twenty, I disagree with what you said. I see you have run nitrous on your mustang. How did you provide fuel if you ran a wet system? The new mustang needs a adapter since we don't have a schrader valve. There is also no nozzle in the picture, only a plate. The jets fit into fitings on the plate, that's not a nozzle. Fuel and nitrous are atomized and combine after exiting holes in the spray bars. The picture doesn't even show all required hardware for installation. The silver thing next to the box is the bottle nut which connects the bottle the the main nitrous line that runs through the car. Just trying to help DougMM,
I'm sorry you disagree. It looks pretty clear to me. I see everything needed in that picture to have a working system and I've installed more than one nitrous system on a S197.

On my system I provide fuel through a fuel rail adaptor just like the one you see in the picture.

THE PLATE IS THE NOZZLE. See the connectors on the side of it for fuel and N20? It has a red nozzle for fuel and a blue one for N20 that connect to the corresponding red and blue hose.

Why are there 2 solenoids? It's a wet system, that's why.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack View Post
So a wet system runs additional fuel into the TB from a separate pump? And a dry system relies on you running super rich at higher RPMs while dumping in the nitrous alone?

Let me know if I am getting this wrong.

Ballpark, how many seconds of boost does a ten pound bottle hold for a N/A s197 w/ 100hp shot?
A wet system for the S197 provides fuel from the fuel rail.

A 10 pound bottle with a 100 shot nozzle will last for about 4-6 quarter mile runs before the pressure gets so low the remaining N20 is useless.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

LOL Everything posted about this system is wrong. I talked to them today and YES it's a wet system. Every post even the article in July 5.0 mag is wrong. Someone at Edelbrock needs to make this correct. I'm sorry for any problems with my post here but it was Edelbrock that was wrong with the info.
S197 Member

5twenty, you win. You obviously know way more about nitrous than me. Anyone who can use a bottle nut as a fuel rail adapter has talent. I hope you can post a picture of your adapter so we can see it. So much for only giving people facts on the forum. I guess you dont need longer studs for the plate or to hold the bottle bracket to the car either. Or all the electrical parts, but everything needed is in the picture. I guess I should take my car to a "pro" from now on. DougMM good luck with the nitrous. I would give Brenspeed a call if you really want nitrous.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Modular Depot.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	27937   Click image for larger version

Name:	bottle nut.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	27947   Click image for larger version

Name:	nozzles.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	27948   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel adapter.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	27949  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp bottle nut.bmp (56.3 KB, 98 views)
File Type: bmp nozzles.bmp (900.1 KB, 146 views)
GT Member
S197 Member

DougMM, I'm glad you called Edelbrock to verify the facts. Smart move. I hope your S197 will be in the 11s on nitrous very soon, just like mine is. Even with my bottle nut fuel rail adapter I could run 11s interestingly enough.

I like that Edelbrock system. It proves you don't need traditional N20/Fuel nozzles to inject N20, although it appears for some that is difficult to understand, to me it seems like a superior system for the S197 because of the absense of those nozzles. Why drill into your intake to put in a nozzle when you can inject directly into the throttle body airstream?

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

5twenty
I have been thinking about a setup real close to yours. Do you have a traction control lock out? I know it is easy just to turn it off but It would suck to forget and have it turn on when you hit WOT and are spraying.
GT Member
S197 Member

I read that article in 5.0 too and thought the system looked real interesting. 520, do you know if that little black box the brains or a controller of some sort? I thought that I had read that one of the advantages of a dry system is that the car's PCM controls the additional fuel flow when under boost instead of the nitrous kit doing it when in "wet" configuration. I would think a dry system might be better when writing a new tune since it eliminates another variable (one less controller to control and one less selonoid to worry about). I thought that dry systems were more prone to go lean though, but I guess that would depend on the parameters of your tune.

06 Stang GT, Yeah I got stuff! Check out my profile for the low down.
S197 Member

The kit in the photo is Edelbrock part # 70410.
It is listed in numerous places as being a dry kit and the article in 5.0 magazine goes as far as to say that it doesn't need a tune to run it at 50hp??

I am suspect of that statement as well as am wondering why a dry single stage system would have 2 solenoids.
GT Member
S197 Member

my .2 cents on the lowdown with edelbrock:

Edelbrock sucks. (mostly)

Basically:

Carbs: suck, i prefer holley...

Nitrous kits: suck, they dont spend much research $$$ on N20either go with NOS or for the S197 id used ZEX... at any rate, edelbrock will be my last choice...

Headers: dont even get me started, i sent back the last set i ordered, as i believe my 3 year old could produce better welds. "nasty," i believe was the word i used when i called JEGS customer service. traded them for JBA's. much better...

fuel injection: ehhh, its alright. bit pricey too....

cams: so-so.

computer chips: i went back to stock on my last car.

intakes: pretty good. nice quality, decent performance. good price. only thing that edelbrock really puts alot of time and $$ into.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page