Kenne Bell 2.6 is throwing belts - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007 Thread Starter
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born To Run View Post
You must check the tensioner first to see if it is bent,it probably is as when it hits the stop tabs this causes the tensioner arm to bend outwards(towards the rad) look at the belt position on the tensioner,you will find it one or two ribs off the pulley near the back(closest to the engine). Replace tensioner

Damn, you were 100% right!

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Tensioner

You want the tensioner arm to be in the middle of its travel distance.(between the tabs) there may even be a little indicator tit between the tabs to show you.Just stand over it & look you will figure it out.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Tensioner

Step 1:It sounds like you now understand what is going on & why.Step 2:Now to fix the problem.

post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007 Thread Starter
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born To Run View Post
Step 1:It sounds like you now understand what is going on & why.Step 2:Now to fix the problem.

Yeah, I ordered two tensioners today from my Ford dealer. They will be here in the morning.

I am getting a bit PO'd at KB though. I sent a fax in this morning (they don't answer phones) explaining my problem and then I followed up with a phone call at about 11am their time. I was told Jim would call me back......still no call. It's 2:36pm their time right now. Whats to say I didn't want them to send me a belt next day air? It's getting a little late in the day for that to happen and still no phone call.

I am not one to *****....ever. But you would think that if you purchased a $6500+ blower I could get someone on the phone to at least SELL me a belt, let alone give me a free one considering the situation. I hope in the long run I don't regret going with Kenne Bell. I have only ever "fired" or said negative things about one company in my life. I don't want to do it again

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007 Thread Starter
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

I am about to loose my mind!

I could have made a damn 8 or 10 rib system by this morning and I can't even get a phone call back from KB, let alone get someone to answer the phone down there

I have faxed them three times already begging to BUY a belt (they should be throwing boxes of them at me I think) and I can't even get someone to do that.

Does anyone have an idea where to get a replacement belt at? I can't read any of the numbers on mine anymore

thanks

Waiting on 2019 GT500

post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007 Thread Starter
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Sounds like a good temporary solution... As for GI Joe, you'd probably need to go over to modularfords.com and pm him.

I don't belong to that forum, does this guy have a web site or email or something? Maybe a kung foo grip?

Waiting on 2019 GT500

SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Yes he does. Here it is

http://www.bggperformance.com/

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
nem
Apprentice

here you go. another option for you.

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=13340

06 Auto, Whipple HO 10psi, Kooks Long Tubes O/R H, Power House Drive Shaft, 3:73 gears, J&M LCA's, CHE UCA, CHE brackets, CHE Axle Brace, CJ rear springs,UPR K-Member, PTC converter, Truetrac
10.8 @ 127mph 1.52 60ft.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
I would consider a 12 rib!
For her pleasure.

But yeah, Kenne Bell for the win! They should be able to answer your questions if only you can get them on the phone.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Belt

Here ya go,i can't stand to see a grown man squirm.Go to a auto parts store ask for a RBR K081223 serp belt.It is the correct length, but you will have to cut 2 ribs off of it as it is a 8 rib belt.I have been to Kenne Bell in California,they are very busy,i met Jim Bell,i showed him what has happened & the dent in my hood.He did give me a belt for free,free oil, free t-shirts.I will help you out.Sean Hyland in Woodstock Ontario has 5 belts in stock for our set up 1-519-421-2291.He is only 2 hours east of Detroit,tell them Randy Mounce sent ya.Like i said order 3 belts for your stock from Kenne Bell.I got one over nighted from California to Florida this spring from Kenne Bell via Sean Hyland,service is great.Would you like some more info & advice from me???
Apprentice
S197 Member

Belt

Oh ya,this belt for our set up is a OEM part from Kenne Bell only,so far there is no other belt to supplement ours with except Kenne Bell.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullet View Post
I feel that the alternator pulley may be the suspect. My reasoning is that the alt. pulley is a clutch type and designed to operate in one direction only. I speculate that due to the additional drag imposed by the KB and any slip realted to this, particularely during high RPM and shifting, it jerks the belt and causes it to slip off or even break.
Good thought, but wrong. Even with an 8-rib kit (which eliminates the clutch type alt pulley), you can still toss belts and break tensioners. The problem is in the tensioner. Once I switched to Adam's Frankentensioner, I've never broken/bent a tensioner. And I really only wear belts out... not toss them.

Quote:
Yeah, I ordered two tensioners today from my Ford dealer.
Why? They will probably break, too. For a little more than the cost of two factory tensioners, you could have got one that won't break... the Frankentensioner.

Like mentioned above, you could also just run down to the auto parts store and buy an 8-rib belt and cut two ribs off of it. I know other guys have done it.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
As for GI Joe, you'd probably need to go over to modularfords.com and pm him.
Quote:
I don't belong to that forum, does this guy have a web site or email or something?
A better choice is here: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_w View Post
For a little more than the cost of two factory tensioners, you could have got one that won't break... the Frankentensioner.
Where can I get one?

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty View Post
Where can I get one?
Call Adam at S.T. Motorsports... he can make you one. (909) 388-2536. Tell him I sent you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page