Diablo code problem.....Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Diablo code problem.....Help

I purchased a used predator for my 2005 mustang Gt from a friend that has virtully no mods to the motor. I just wanted to put the standard tune in to make the car a little happier. No cai or other mods there. Upon installing the tune the check engine light came on about 3 blocks from home. Also noticed my car had a delay in the throttle response when I gave it some foot. Returning home I plugged back in the tuner to check and clear the tune and the tuner code said it was running rich bank1 and to rich bank 2. Any help on this would be greatly appriciated. All by the way I pulled the tune out and reinstalled the saved stock tune..Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardadd View Post
I purchased a used predator for my 2005 mustang Gt from a friend that has virtully no mods to the motor. I just wanted to put the standard tune in to make the car a little happier. No cai or other mods there. Upon installing the tune the check engine light came on about 3 blocks from home. Also noticed my car had a delay in the throttle response when I gave it some foot. Returning home I plugged back in the tuner to check and clear the tune and the tuner code said it was running rich bank1 and to rich bank 2. Any help on this would be greatly appriciated. All by the way I pulled the tune out and reinstalled the saved stock tune..Thanks
Clearly the tune you loaded is dumping too much gas. I belive you can adjust fuel at WOT with the Predator but sounds like the entire fuel table needs to be looked at. You may want to look into a custom tune.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I am certain that its dumping a little to much fuel. I can smell the fumes of gas when I start the car a rev the engine. Can I do anything with the predator to adjust the amount of fuel being dumped in or increase the air flow? A friend also said the air filter may be a little dirty and I'll admit the car has 12'000 miles on it and I don't think it's ever been cleaned or changed. Thought's anyone.....?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
I am certain that its dumping a little to much fuel. I can smell the fumes of gas when I start the car a rev the engine. Can I do anything with the predator to adjust the amount of fuel being dumped in or increase the air flow? A friend also said the air filter may be a little dirty and I'll admit the car has 12'000 miles on it and I don't think it's ever been cleaned or changed. Thought's anyone.....?
Unless you know what you are doing you don't want to mess with the fuel. If you continue to run it that rich you could do serious damage to the catalytic converters. Leave it back to stock until you get a good tune for your car.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I will be leaving the original tune in ...Thanks
The tuner however has 4 different tunes in it and at the present time 1 of the tunes is for the C&L CAI racer kit. My next option is to pic up the C&L CAI and strap it on to try the tune with it installed. I know it is a different tune designed especially for the marrying of the diablo and the C&L setup so I'm hoping I wont have another problem with the CAI installed the correct way. Any thoughts?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Yep, you got a C&L predator with C&L intake tunes on it, that's why it's running so rich.

You need the generic diablosport predator 87, 91, 93 octane performance tunes.

And I don't suggest you try manually adjusting the A/F yourself from the C&L tune.

~Moses

'05 Ford Mustang GT: C&L CAI; Bassani X & axlebacks; BMR Adj'ble Panhard rod; FRPP 4.10s; MGW shifter; Steeda UDPs; FRPP suspension.

"Got V8?"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007
ski
GT Member
S197 Member

Look at the initial screens on the Predator when you first plug it into your car's OBD II port.
If a C&L logo appears, then heed Moses's post.
If any other logo appears, e.g., '05 Mustang', 'Mustang', etc., then your Predator should contain tunes designed for the stock intake. You can access these tunes by selecting 'Performance Tunes', then 'Diablo Tunes'.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Yep, you got a C&L predator with C&L intake tunes on it, that's why it's running so rich.

You need the generic diablosport predator 87, 91, 93 octane performance tunes.

And I don't suggest you try manually adjusting the A/F yourself from the C&L tune.

~Moses
[B]I looked at the tuner when it first starts up and it does say C&L on the menu when it first comes on. Does this mean that it dont have a stock tune in it and if so are the tunes only good for a c&l cai?
I also hear you can download lots of different CAI tunes as long as you have the cables to the tuner (and I do) to down load from your p.c. Is this true and if so then I wouldnt have to go with a c&l I could use whatever they had tunes for on the site. Does anyone know the page on line i go to to get to the right tunes for diablo to download from? ALL by the way thanks for everyones help up till now ...much appriciated.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
[b]I looked at the tuner when it first starts up and it does say C&L on the menu when it first comes on. Does this mean that it dont have a stock tune in it and if so are the tunes only good for a c&l cai?
I also hear you can download lots of different CAI tunes as long as you have the cables to the tuner (and I do) to down load from your p.c. Is this true and if so then I wouldnt have to go with a c&l I could use whatever they had tunes for on the site. Does anyone know the page on line i go to to get to the right tunes for diablo to download from? ALL by the way thanks for everyones help up till now ...much appriciated.
Sorry for the delayed response...

Yes, you can download custom tunes from venders like BamaChips, etc and upload them to your Predator. The version of the Predator you have has the 87, 91, and 93 octane performance tunes for the C&L cold air intake, which means that, without the C&L cai, none of those tunes will work right.

My suggestion to you is to visit Diablosport's site or contact them and obtain the non-C&L performance tunes, saved as custom tune file, and upload it to your car using the Predator's "Load Custom Tune" functionality.

G'luck,
Mo

'05 Ford Mustang GT: C&L CAI; Bassani X & axlebacks; BMR Adj'ble Panhard rod; FRPP 4.10s; MGW shifter; Steeda UDPs; FRPP suspension.

"Got V8?"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Sorry for the delayed response...

Yes, you can download custom tunes from venders like BamaChips, etc and upload them to your Predator. The version of the Predator you have has the 87, 91, and 93 octane performance tunes for the C&L cold air intake, which means that, without the C&L cai, none of those tunes will work right.

My suggestion to you is to visit Diablosport's site or contact them and obtain the non-C&L performance tunes, saved as custom tune file, and upload it to your car using the Predator's "Load Custom Tune" functionality.

G'luck,
Mo
Thanks, I think I solved my problem.. I ordered the C&L racer kit. Should be here on thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page