Please help this moron adjust his factory alarm! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Please help this moron adjust his factory alarm!

I've seen the giant thread which was on this forum last year, and I was so lost, I finally gave up. I have this pdf for working on the factory alarm. My car is an '05 Mustang GT coupe bought sometime in April of '05. It equipped with an auto and has the stock factory alarm, equipped with the theft recovery system that came with the "Platinum Package." The only button I can find was in the first photo, but I believe it serves as a valet parking feature. If this button were to be held down for five seconds the led lights up blue. If you hole it down for any other length of time, nothing happens. Holding it down for another five seconds will turn the blue light off. I am clueless to where the other button is located, if any. The reason I am so concerned now is that in the past month and a half there were four cars broken into in my neighborhood, including my dad's new Ford Explorer. Two nights ago someone threw a statue into the rear windshield of my neighbor's brand new car, then sped off. (I live in a neighborhood with a bunch of quiet, retired people.) Needless to say I am worried to death about my car. The problem is, you smash my car with a sledge hammer and the alarm still won't go off. I'd love to get into the remote start features and all, but right now I am concerned with my car's safety. The first two photos are of under the driver's side. I have no idea what that is in the third photo. It used to dangle freely until I tucked it in beneath the passenger area. Any help is appreciated!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	4058
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	28790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	3400
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	28791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	1417
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	28792  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

that appears to be an aftermarked install and hopefully you can find someone with the same system; it was not installed by the factory; good luck.

~~LEGENDARY LIMER 60~~
2005 legend lime premium GT vert; iup; manual; charcoal interior; jvc navigation; wheel locking kit; boot cover; 17 inch aluminum wheels; active anti-theft; FRPP exhausts; shorty antenna; ford gt plenum cover; strut tower brace; brenspeed sct 2 performance torque tune and steeda cai
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

You're kidding me. Can I raise this (being non-factory) issue with the dealer? I suppose I have to take it back to them anyways, since the alarm does not work...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to thump_rrr
That is definitely an aftermarket alarm.

05 White GT Premium 5 Sp. IUP, Active Alarm
BMR, C&L, Centerforce, Fidanza, FRPP, GI Joe, JBA, JDM Engineering, LPW, Saleen, SCT, Steeda, SOS

S/C 1.613 60'. 4.748 330', 7.332 @ 93.75mph 1/8th, 9.566 1000', 11.427 @ 119.92 1/4mile
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Does anyone recognize the brand of the alarm? What is that thing in the third photo? It's got some adhesive on the other side. The car is equipped with a tracking device, not LoJack. Are these usually integrated with the alarm system?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

as many above stated, this is not a OEM Factory Installed alarm.:blowingup:

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to thump_rrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricali View Post
Does anyone recognize the brand of the alarm? What is that thing in the third photo? It's got some adhesive on the other side. The car is equipped with a tracking device, not LoJack. Are these usually integrated with the alarm system?
That device appears to have the Hirschmann antenna logo on it.

Your best bet is to follow all the wires back to the main unit.

Press

05 White GT Premium 5 Sp. IUP, Active Alarm
BMR, C&L, Centerforce, Fidanza, FRPP, GI Joe, JBA, JDM Engineering, LPW, Saleen, SCT, Steeda, SOS

S/C 1.613 60'. 4.748 330', 7.332 @ 93.75mph 1/8th, 9.566 1000', 11.427 @ 119.92 1/4mile
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
That device appears to have the Hirschmann antenna logo on it.

Your best bet is to follow all the wires back to the main unit.

Press
Yes! That is the symbol. Now to figure out how to adjust it... Thank you so much.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

yeah on an alarm like that, you will most likely have a shock sensor with a dial to turn for sensitivity. just remove the dash piece on the bottom where your knees are and im sure its up there. theres just a couple of screws on the bottom and the top pops off...i bet you can find the sensor up there.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thanks for the advice. It seems the Hirschmann is actually a tracking device. The alarm is a KARR-4040A... no knobs to turn, here. Now to look for an install manual online...

Well, I guess I've read on other forums, etc, that KARR does not release their owner's manual... and from what I'm reading, KARR is not a good system.
PONY Member
S197 Member

third photo, the hockey puck looking thing with the coax cable attached may be a GPS antenna. You mentioned it has a tracking device in it. Most of them use GPS for the location part, and then a small auto dial cellphone transmitter to send the GPS info with a short data burst to a central alarm center some where. GM's OnStar uses this type of system and it uses Verizon's analog cell phone system nationwide. I'd ask the dealer about it.

Also, the GPS antenna has to sit somewhere that is will have a clear view of the sky. The GPS system (the correct name is the Navstar system, developed by the Air Force) is a constelation of 24 satellites whizzing around the earth in roughly a polar orbit. they aren't stationary like satellite TV or Sirious or XM.

Last edited by chp2150; 06-13-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: aditional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page