How exactly does the Traction control work? N2O question. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

How exactly does the Traction control work? N2O question.

How exactly does the Traction control work? Does it cut throttle and therefore cutting the zex controller off or does it cut timing.

Just a hypothetical question. What happens if I got the nitrous (Zex) going and the traction control kicks in. i know its not a good idea but i am just saying what if.

07 Stang MT- SCT, JLT CAI, 4.10s, Zex Nitrous, Zex Remote Bottle opener, and other fun Nitrous stuff. TPMS Pipe Bomb mod

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."- Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to ArtDisco Send a message via Yahoo to ArtDisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoggie_Bear View Post
How exactly does the Traction control work? Does it cut throttle and therefore cutting the zex controller off or does it cut timing.

Just a hypothetical question. What happens if I got the nitrous (Zex) going and the traction control kicks in. i know its not a good idea but i am just saying what if.
Your best bet...TURN OFF T/C!!! However, to answer your question, it mostly detects wheel spin and applies the rear brakes, and I think if that doesn't do much the engine timing will retard.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007
S197 Member

turn of the t/c. I personally would mod my car alot more before i went to the bottle, but thats just me.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jre8806 Send a message via Skype™ to jre8806
for the love of god turn it off. Artdisco is ight on what it does. because you prolly dont have any suspension mods, you still have horrible wheel hope therefore triggering the T/C and possibly not shotting N2O so much. I also agree on blazingrey about getting more mods before hitting the bottle.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" -Ralph Waldo Emerson
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I am sorry I should have been more direct about the question. I and most every one know to turn TC off when on the Juice.

So that’s it… just rear brake… no computer reducing throttle.

So the rear brake, the one I do 2ed gear burn outs with does the job. Can anyone show me some hard facts proving this? I have had a hard time finding it on the web.

07 Stang MT- SCT, JLT CAI, 4.10s, Zex Nitrous, Zex Remote Bottle opener, and other fun Nitrous stuff. TPMS Pipe Bomb mod

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."- Albert Einstein
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

And another thing!

I love putting Nitrous on stock cars! Name another mod that beats it dollar per HP. Most people are scared of it and for good reason, because if its done wrong its bad news bears.

With TPS sensors, RPM window switch, the right spark plugs, a proper tune, and a proper kit install there is nothing to fear.

Don’t get me wrong threes nothing like a cammer motor loping or the sound of some long tubs.

If you want to have some fun go rent a car and put some juice on it for the day LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page