2006 Mustang GT engine 'stumbles' when accelerating after a stop - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Put mine in the shop today, replacing it with a Ford GT500 pump, good up to 600 HP . Recomended by Magna Charger.

Ford racing suspension (lowered 1 1/2"), Stainless Works Headers w/flow thru cats, Ford racing exhaust, Cold air intake, 373 gears, Magna Charger 10 lbs boost (intercooled), SCT Xcalibrator2, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, aggresive chin spoiler, window tint, 18" Cobra rims and NT555 Nitto tires - sequencial tail lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà blu View Post
Sorry to hear that you're having problems. After 11 months and about 17,000 miles, this is my first warranty repair. I can't really complain...no squeaks or rattles either. That would REALLY drive me nuts. I absolutely hate the thought of leaving my baby in the care of someone else. I also have an F150, a '97 model 4X4 with about 100,000 on the clock. Never had a warranty claim on it! No other repairs except for a new Pittman arm and a new driver's side power window motor. I did those things myself since it was way out of warranty. Still solid and tight as new. Can't say the same thing about my friend's GMC. I love my truck and have no plans to get rid of it.
Good for you! As much as it pains me to say it, IMO, Ford has always made good trucks--but not so much with the cars.........
I do know it could be a lot worse: I'm w/you on the squeaks and rattles thing. Thankfully I've had none of those! (Not that I'd hear them over the stereo.) That would definitely send me over the edge!

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rhbuff6622
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
If it does it after a long drive I'd also say it's the fuel pump TSB.
My car has developed a similar problem recently although the problem I am having is when the engine is cold or has set for a while after driving. When I start it up in the morning it runs fine for about 2 minutes and then it seems to be loading up on fuel. If I try to drive it, it stumbles, caughs, and jumps. I can rev the engine a few times or drive it for about a mile or two at higher rpms than normal and it clears up and runs great. I can let it sit for about 15 or 20 minutes after driving it and it will do the same thing but not as severe as when it is stone cold. Also if I start it up cold and just let it sit at idle for about 5 minutes or so it wont do it although you can tell that it seems like it is drowning a bit sitting there idleing. I dont know if this has something to do with the bamachips tune or not. It started doing this about the same time I installed their tune. My gut feeling is that it doesnt. Any ideas out there?

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbuff6622 View Post
My car has developed a similar problem recently although the problem I am having is when the engine is cold or has set for a while after driving. When I start it up in the morning it runs fine for about 2 minutes and then it seems to be loading up on fuel. If I try to drive it, it stumbles, caughs, and jumps. I can rev the engine a few times or drive it for about a mile or two at higher rpms than normal and it clears up and runs great. I can let it sit for about 15 or 20 minutes after driving it and it will do the same thing but not as severe as when it is stone cold. Also if I start it up cold and just let it sit at idle for about 5 minutes or so it wont do it although you can tell that it seems like it is drowning a bit sitting there idleing. I dont know if this has something to do with the bamachips tune or not. It started doing this about the same time I installed their tune. My gut feeling is that it doesnt. Any ideas out there?
Bama tunes do tend to run on the rich side. Do you have a rich smelling exhaust?? You could ask Doug if he could lean out the tune just a little.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rhbuff6622
Quote:
Bama tunes do tend to run on the rich side. Do you have a rich smelling exhaust?? You could ask Doug if he could lean out the tune just a little.
Yes, I have a very rich smelling exhaust come to think of it. It will knock you down in the morning. Duh, I will call Doug. Thanks Mark.:hihi:
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbuff6622 View Post
Yes, I have a very rich smelling exhaust come to think of it. It will knock you down in the morning. Duh, I will call Doug. Thanks Mark.:hihi:
I figured... I had the same issue with one of my Bama tunes. Rich exhaust and jet black exhaust tips. Doug tweaked it a bit and all was good. Let me know how it turns out.

1965 Mustang Coupe
S197 Member

Quote:
I figured... I had the same issue with one of my Bama tunes. Rich exhaust and jet black exhaust tips. Doug tweaked it a bit and all was good. Let me know how it turns out.
Same thing with mine....car felt bogged down and the mirror black tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page