Steeda Springs inquiry - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
R3dF1r3

Question Steeda Springs inquiry

Does anybody have the Steeda Sports Springs and how do they like them?

Is the street ride too harsh or am I better off with Ultralights as I don't road race but, want a stiffer corner carver.

I will marry either with Tokico D-spec's very soon.

Pictures of the drop with 18 wheels would be great.

I plan to also add an adj pan hard to the springs and shocks, anything else from experiences?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have the sport springs with the Tokikos as part of their Stage II G-track suspension package and can't say enough good about them. There have been a couple of times I have been able to avoid an accident because I was able to make a sudden move that I doubt I could have pulled off on the stock suspension. Plus hook up and acceleration are much butter, but the package also includes the lower control arms which add to that benefit.

I would highly recommend them.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

2012 Shelby GT500, Black on black
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
R3dF1r3

HeiMa,
I plan to just do Steeda springs and Tokico's with a panhard.

I had planned on Ultralights but, I am thinking Sports for a more corner carver feel with the stiffer rates.

Thanks for the input, I am sure they will rock.

Did you have to add any camber bolts or any strut components?

Any pictures?

Thanks.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dF1r3 View Post
HeiMa,
I plan to just do Steeda springs and Tokico's with a panhard.

I had planned on Ultralights but, I am thinking Sports for a more corner carver feel with the stiffer rates.

Thanks for the input, I am sure they will rock.

Did you have to add any camber bolts or any strut components?

Any pictures?

Thanks.
I did not need the camber bolts and the alignment is okie dokie.

Here are some pictures for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2478.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	912.2 KB
ID:	30389   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cragar3.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	30390   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2479.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	801.0 KB
ID:	30391  

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
S197 Member

I have Tokico D-Spec's and Steeda sport springs with a BMR panhard bar, It's like night and day!!! you can adjust the damping stiff for better cornering or softer for a road trip, on the softest setting it's almost like stock! Can't say enough, one of the best mods you can make!!!! make sure you get the remote adjusters for the rear shocks.
I also installed the camber bolts. Hope this helps good luck.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007
R3dF1r3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungstengt View Post
I have Tokico D-Spec's and Steeda sport springs with a BMR panhard bar, It's like night and day!!! you can adjust the damping stiff for better cornering or softer for a road trip, on the softest setting it's almost like stock! Can't say enough, one of the best mods you can make!!!! make sure you get the remote adjusters for the rear shocks.
I also installed the camber bolts. Hope this helps good luck.
Yes it does help.

I am going to forgo the panhard I think for now as with the Steeda drop, I don't think it's required but, will do both panhard and PH brace down the road.

Yeah, I know about the rear remotes.

Pictures please?

Thanks.

HeiMa, awsum ride man.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dF1r3 View Post
Yes it does help.

HeiMa, awsum ride man.
Thank you good sir!

I did not get the next stage of the package which would have included the panhard bar, but the ph brace did some with the Stage II. As you mentioned, the drop is not that much, it pretty much just leveled the car out nicely.

Good luck and good choice!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Here's a pic of Steeda sport springs with 18x10 deep dish.

WITHOUT the adj. Panhard my rear end was off a little more than an 1" and it cornered real bad one way, oversteer...and understeer the other.

Personally, I wouldn't do the springs without the bar and brace and the same time. It is easier to do the bar & brace with the springs out anyhow.

The thing I wish I would NOT have done was the adj. 3rd link. Now that my pinion angle is correct again, I have the dreaded driveshaft klunk that my wife's 2007 GT/CS has had since day one. I think when the pinion was off the shaft was loaded enough to not klunk.

As a comparison though, the SPRINGS ALONE did not cause a harsh ride. It rode great, even on 35 series tires. But the other added rear parts really firmed it up. Not bad, even on crummy Michigan roads, but more firm. I like it actually, and now can get rubber in 3rd, which before it woudn't due because to much energy was lost in the weak factory suspension pieces.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LLWHQ_LFqtr.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	30439   Click image for larger version

Name:	LLWHQ_RR.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	30440   Click image for larger version

Name:	LLWHQ.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	30441  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle1 View Post

WITHOUT the adj. Panhard my rear end was off a little more than an 1" and it cornered real bad one way, oversteer...and understeer the other.

Personally, I wouldn't do the springs without the bar and brace and the same time. It is easier to do the bar & brace with the springs out anyhow.

The thing I wish I would NOT have done was the adj. 3rd link. Now that my pinion angle is correct again, I have the dreaded driveshaft klunk that my wife's 2007 GT/CS has had since day one. I think when the pinion was off the shaft was loaded enough to not klunk.

As a comparison though, the SPRINGS ALONE did not cause a harsh ride. It rode great, even on 35 series tires. But the other added rear parts really firmed it up. Not bad, even on crummy Michigan roads, but more firm. I like it actually, and now can get rubber in 3rd, which before it woudn't due because to much energy was lost in the weak factory suspension pieces.
Get youself a one-piece d/s and much of that clunk will go away.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:

What is driveshaft klunk?

2006 Mustang GT
R3dF1r3

Quote:

Nice pictures and now you got me rethinking the adj PH bar. I'm having it done Tuesday and will ask shop if they have one "just in case" otherwise, it's mail order time tomorrow.

How much off was your pinion and what is the stock spec? I really wasn't planning to do my 3rd link yet.

Can you "beat the floorboard out a bit" like some guys are doing with the one piece drive shaft?

Nice wheels btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page