Problem with bmr panhard bar install on 07 mustang gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Problem with bmr panhard bar install on 07 mustang gt

I finished sunday night installing my che lca's and uca, when I when to install the bmr panhard the p/s was about 1/4" short of lining up the bolt holes, I compared it to the stock and it is the same size. All of these are non-adjustable as my car is not lowered. should i order an adjustable panhard or connect the one I have first and then the uca and lca's. Is it alright to drive with out it on? thanks for all the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Did you install it with the axle loaded?? (axle supported by jackstands)

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

no, once I finished with the lca's and uca I let the axel hang

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
MACH I Member

Not 100% sure, but you may need to jack the axle a little bit to get it in. I don't think you should drive w/o the bar. Also, the panhard bar brace/bracket has to be loosened just a tad to slide it in. It's the bolt on the flat part facing the rear of the car on the passenger side.

My only experience is with CHE, but if you've seen one ph bar, you've seen them all, right?

2005 Sonic Blue GT
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Yeah, I think you'll need to load the axle to get it to align properly.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

thanks, i'll try when i get out of work
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang756 View Post
I finished sunday night installing my che lca's and uca, when I when to install the bmr panhard the p/s was about 1/4" short of lining up the bolt holes, I compared it to the stock and it is the same size. All of these are non-adjustable as my car is not lowered. should i order an adjustable panhard or connect the one I have first and then the uca and lca's. Is it alright to drive with out it on? thanks for all the help

Hi stang756,

Whatever you do DO NOT drive the car without a Panhard bar and the Panhard support brace installed and fully torqued to factory specs! You will damage your chassis and potentially get into a crash! The BMR parts are good parts and if you need to align anything just install the bolts on one end finger tight and then move the axle over to get the Panhard bar bolt to go in. If the Panhard brace holes do not align with the chassis and the PB mount and you have confirmed the holes of the stock seet metal brace line up with the BMR Panhard brace accurately you have a different problem. Get someone with some experience to come over and help you, it maybe that you have tightened things down before you loosely fitted the misaligned parts. Or you may have the car up on jackstands in an odd way that is causing the misalignment. Get some experienced help.

Hope this helps!

'05 Ford S197 Mineral Gray Mustang GT
Too many mods to list, check my profile if interested

'95 BMW E36 Cosmos Schwartz M3
Mild restomod project with my teen-age sons
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsPix View Post
Hi stang756,

Or you may have the car up on jackstands in an odd way that is causing the misalignment.
I've had that happen with the deep V style ones, the axle will settle into the V when you drop axle down onto the stands and pull it off kilter slightly.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007
MACH I Member

Put the stands on the sides of the car, just forward of the LCA's and use the jack to lightly jack up the axle to get it into place.

2005 Sonic Blue GT
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thanks all, i'll get to it in a couple of hours, I'll post afterwards with the results, the uca and lca's were not bad at all to install, the only problem I had was going out and finding a damn t-50 torx bit, it wasn't until the fourth place that i found one larger then a t-40.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I got it installed! I put the jack stands on the frame in front of the lca's and jacked up the axel and was able to get it in. I can't wait for the drive to work tomorrow morning after all of these
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang756 View Post
I got it installed! I put the jack stands on the frame in front of the lca's and jacked up the axel and was able to get it in. I can't wait for the drive to work tomorrow morning after all of these
Good deal... Drive it for a few days and then re-torque everything to 129 ft lbs.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page