2007 Mustang GT, How To Stop Wheel Hop? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools

Wow, here you guys go again with your UCA and LCA and I got to say again that I get no wheelhop whatsoever with my FRPP suspension kit installed. That is all springs, front and rear way bars, shocks and delrin bushings with zerk fittings. I can launch so hard I swear I'm about to snap a u-joint and no wheel hop. Ride is firm on smooth pavement and rough on our wonderful pot holed Illinois streets, but no issues at all. And handling at limit is neutral. Never had a car set up this good and I've owned almost 80 cars. Mustang is an incredible machine. Love it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
And there are some who are running a completely stock suspension with no complaints of wheel hop too. It depends on the car.

1965 Mustang Coupe
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

The car, the pavement, the tires, the weather..................

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

I was thinking about getting the BMR UCA and LCA's, but STL talking about the CHE has me thinking. I like the looks of the BMR, but like the bracket for the brake line on the CHE pieces. Does the BMR have the brake line bracket? From the picture, it doesn't look like there is one. If not, what happens to the brake line? Leave it hang?

The other thing is, I wanted to get all the same brand pieces, including the panhard bar, but CHE has the adjustment on the end. This is what several on here said to avoid, and get the center adjustment. Thoughts?
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2005in209 View Post
i put some steeda ultralite coils in the front and back ofmy car. no more hop.
Im sure it wouldn't have any problems with wheel hop since you put the lowering springs on it. It probely dosent have a problem doing burnouts either ! Lowered cars are hard to make stick! Unless you have some big shoes on it?
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangAddiction View Post
I was thinking about getting the BMR UCA and LCA's, but STL talking about the CHE has me thinking. I like the looks of the BMR, but like the bracket for the brake line on the CHE pieces. Does the BMR have the brake line bracket? From the picture, it doesn't look like there is one. If not, what happens to the brake line? Leave it hang?
With BMR you have to zip tie the brakeline to the LCA.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
With BMR you have to zip tie the brakeline to the LCA.
The brake line is so ridged. If you put the brake line over the control arm when you take it off. It shouldnt be a issue when you put it back together. At least mine worked out that way. If you take your mustang rock crawling it might be a concern haha or if you have it lowered.
This is on the BMR LCA"S setup.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Replacing UCA and the lCA will this make the ride more comfortable? I was also wondering if you need to replace the UCA mounts.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
Apprentice
S197 Member

If the factory LCA's and UCA's have rubber bushings - going to a polyurethane (or delryn?) bushing will make the ride on the rear a lot harsher, surely? but how much? how much different will the car ride from stock? and maybe it will increase the loading on other components if you only upgrade the control arms - making failure more likely?

(sorry too many questions)
Tim
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I didnt notice any ride difference...but It lets more road noise come up thru the car...not bad but Its there. wheel hop will break things....I dont see upgrading the control arms hurting anything else....I did the panhard bar also and the anti-squat brackets.

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page