Is it time to replace my front lower control arms? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Rider View Post
hmmm . . . . thanks for that . . . . I'm feeling like the Steedas might be worth the extra cash, especially if your car is lowered . . . I wonder if they would discount them to get closer

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt95 View Post
Why do people describe them as front lower control arms when there are no upper control arms at the front? They should just be called front control arms to prevent confusion.
What's there to be confused about? The car doesn't have an upper arm, but every other vehicle with a macpherson strut setup has control arms that are referred to as 'lower control arms.' Obviously we add front to the lower control arms, otherwise someone will chime in going on and on about how good the lca's are to prevent wheel hop. lol

Old habits die hard I guess.

Anyways, back on topic, I spoke to a shop owner that I know and he's got all of the adapters/jigs in his 50 ton press, so I went ahead and ordered the prothane lca bushings and the x5 balljoints.

I'm gonna try to do as much as I can over the weekend and then invevitably give up halfway through and hand the control arms over to the shop. Wish me luck.

Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post

Steeda sells "Boss" lower control arms, which have their special bushings and the extended ball joints for lowered cars, for $500 ; they seem like the way to go, unless the GT500 price is substantially lower.
This^^^^^

I've done three sets of the Whitelines. I love how they feel, but ugh! They SUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD

post #19 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
This^^^^^

I've done three sets of the Whitelines. I love how they feel, but ugh! They SUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!
The Steeda arms require drilling the spindle for the 05-10 cars... I know it's only another mm but still, it makes my nervous, i.e. what happens if you enlarge it too much, or it's oblong? I'd rather not take the chance.

Sqidd, I was wondering when you'd chime in here, perhaps you'd like to take a road trip up to Canada and do a fourth set!

Canadian money's not worth much, but I can pay you in beer, maple syrup and Tim Horton's coffee, ya know, the quintessentially Canadian stuff lol.
post #20 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Also, off topic, but I remember seeing one of your threads where you modified your 07's underside with 2010+ parts to reduce lift. Do you happen to remember the p/n's of the shields/panels and what kind of modding you had to do?
tj
PONY Member

Quote:
hmmm . . . . thanks for that . . . . I'm feeling like the Steedas might be worth the extra cash, especially if your car is lowered . . . I wonder if they would discount them to get closer
Sure ... send me an email at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ
tj
PONY Member

I spoke to one of our veteran sales professionals & he has never had a customer have an issue with the drilling. We include the drill bit as mentioned above.

But as an option, you can replace the spindle with 11-14 ones, they are beefier to boot!

Here are the two (2) Options:

777-4900 for the 11-14 - 2011-14 Mustang Front Lower Control Arms w/ Ball Joints - Made in USA 777-4900 | Free Shipping!

777-4902 for the 05-10 is the 4902 includes the drill bit - 2005-10 Mustang Front Lower Control Arms w/ Ball Joints - Made in USA 777-4902 | Free Shipping!

The arms are identical ... so you can order either and if you replace the spindle, you get a free drill bit if you buy the 4902.

Send me an email if I can help put you in contact with a sales professional for order support!

Best Regards,

TJ
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06CanuckGT View Post
The Steeda arms require drilling the spindle for the 05-10 cars... I know it's only another mm but still, it makes my nervous, i.e. what happens if you enlarge it too much, or it's oblong? I'd rather not take the chance.
Screwing that drill job up would take some serious effort.

Quote:
Sqidd, I was wondering when you'd chime in here, perhaps you'd like to take a road trip up to Canada and do a fourth set!
I would rather stick a pencil in my eye, thanks tho.

Quote:
Canadian money's not worth much, but I can pay you in beer, maple syrup and Tim Horton's coffee, ya know, the quintessentially Canadian stuff lol.
If I only drank beer, ate syrup or drank coffee.

Quote:
Also, off topic, but I remember seeing one of your threads where you modified your 07's underside with 2010+ parts to reduce lift. Do you happen to remember the p/n's of the shields/panels and what kind of modding you had to do?
The thread was on here. That was a long time ago. I don't remember the part numbers. It was just those two 2010 parts tho. Maybe they are in the thread?

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

post #24 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
If I only drank beer, ate syrup or drank coffee.
LMAO, so you're a robot?
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
LMAO, so you're a robot?
I must be, LOL. I haven't had anything to drink in 6-7yrs now. No reason other than I got over it. And I have a really targeted diet, syrup isn't on it. And I don't drink coffee because the top of my head pops off.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

Apprentice

My rear prothane bushings will be on my doorstep tomorrow. Busy Saturday and it's not exactly how I want to spend Father's day. Maybe I can beg my friend to use his lift again. Then it would suck a little less. I've got brake hoses to change too. I would be interested in knowing what 2010 panels could be used underneath too. Mine seems a little light in the front at speed and I haven't even had it over 100 yet. I can imagine it would be a little unsettling at the end of the front straight at NHIS like it is and that's where I usually do track days when I get the chance.
Rookie

This is were I got the ford racing arms.
FRONT LOWER ARM UPGRADE MGT 2005-10
post #28 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbss396 View Post
This is were I got the ford racing arms.
FRONT LOWER ARM UPGRADE MGT 2005-10
That's a good price...however they're not really an upgrade, it's kind of misleading. It's basically the same part as OEM.
post #29 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I spoke to one of our veteran sales professionals & he has never had a customer have an issue with the drilling. We include the drill bit as mentioned above.
I'm glad to hear that, and let me go on record by stating that I'm certainly not knocking Steeda's products in any way. Everything I've bought from Steeda has been top notch and problem free.

It just makes me nervous to drill a spindle. I'm sure it'd be fine, but s*** happens and there's a first time for everything!

Maybe you guys can start selling an arm with the 18mm balljoint.

PM me if you think that might be an option in the future!
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken's 05GT View Post
My rear prothane bushings will be on my doorstep tomorrow. Busy Saturday and it's not exactly how I want to spend Father's day. Maybe I can beg my friend to use his lift again. Then it would suck a little less. I've got brake hoses to change too. I would be interested in knowing what 2010 panels could be used underneath too. Mine seems a little light in the front at speed and I haven't even had it over 100 yet. I can imagine it would be a little unsettling at the end of the front straight at NHIS like it is and that's where I usually do track days when I get the chance.
Click this link:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...d-results.html

Waiting on 2019 GT500

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page