Orifice Tube 2005 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
S197 Member

Orifice Tube 2005 GT

Where in the heck is it? I can't find any pictures or descriptions online. Will someone please tell me where it's hiding?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to night rider
This is from the Haynes repair manual.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1438498194134.jpg
Views:	1655
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	454089  

Bought New 05 Black GT coupe / TR-3650 / C&L Racer c.a.i / 94 custom race tune / Barton shifter / Exedy Mach 500 clutch / Ram billet steel flywheel / Ford racing stainless steel hard clutch line / 2014 GT500 forged aluminum clutch m.c/ Napa premium grade front l.c.a / Baer slotted cross-drilled front rotors / Roush pedal kit / AutoMeter Digital voltmeter / Compustar Pro 2 way Security system.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Lol, I don't even know what that is.

INSTAGRAM --@allen_nightmare5oh
2014 5.0 6R80 - Mods - Bama Tune, Roush Axle Backs. - 1/4 Mile - 12.56 @ 116.8

2005 GT 5-spd - Mods - JLT 3 Intake, Bama 93 Tune, MAC Boomtubes. - 1/4 Mile - 13.28 @106 --- SOLD!!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Are you talking about the orifice tube for the A/C system. Do you want to replace it.

Bought New 05 Black GT coupe / TR-3650 / C&L Racer c.a.i / 94 custom race tune / Barton shifter / Exedy Mach 500 clutch / Ram billet steel flywheel / Ford racing stainless steel hard clutch line / 2014 GT500 forged aluminum clutch m.c/ Napa premium grade front l.c.a / Baer slotted cross-drilled front rotors / Roush pedal kit / AutoMeter Digital voltmeter / Compustar Pro 2 way Security system.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
S197 Member

Thank you night rider! I took every tube apart except that one. It was driving me crazy trying to find it. One forum online said it was at the connection to the firewall and that you had to remove the intake to get to it. I'll take pictures and post it here when I get it out.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
S197 Member

Yes, I replaced the compressor now I need to blow out the lines and replace the orifice tube.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfederateJoe View Post
Lol, I don't even know what that is.
You're lucky, that either means you don't need A/C or yours has never gone out.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015
PONY Member

Garage
This is what it looks like. Be careful not to break it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1438533671461.jpg
Views:	1473
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	454146  

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015
PONY Member

If its not in the place indicated by the Haynes Manual, look for any tube that has a restriction, or kink, or smaller area to it. Its done so the tube cannot move from its position when inserted. In some vehicles you need to buy the entire line since it cannot be removed. If there is no split in the line near where it is located then you probably need to buy the entire line. I would have to go look at my car to say for sure. BTW if it is removable, there is a special tool for removing it so you don't break it. Maybe you can borrow or rent it from your local auto parts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
S197 Member

It was there. Thanks again for helping me out. It was really jammed in there and it was stuck. I tried blowing it out from the other side of the line but it wouldn't budge. I ended up drilling it until it loosened up and then blew out the line. Installed the new tube and then vacuumed the line. It's holding fine. I'll charge it tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1438572511994.jpg
Views:	1993
Size:	681.4 KB
ID:	454194   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1438572606134.jpg
Views:	2811
Size:	612.3 KB
ID:	454210   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1438572730293.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	454218  
PONY Member

Why did it get clogged up? Did you repair or replace any other parts? This is generally a symptom of a bigger issue. In a properly working system it should not get clogged specially on a newer car like this. The black color makes me wonder if you have sludging or the "Black Death" that Ford compressors are known for.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09v6 View Post
Why did it get clogged up? Did you repair or replace any other parts? This is generally a symptom of a bigger issue. In a properly working system it should not get clogged specially on a newer car like this. The black color makes me wonder if you have sludging or the "Black Death" that Ford compressors are known for.
The compressor went out and I had to replace it, so yes the orifice was clogged from compressor sludge. The car is hardly new anymore though. It's on it's second engine and transmission and has over 250,000 miles. Also this is the second time I've changed the compressor on this engine but the first time I've changed the orifice tube, it was due anyway.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	857.6 KB
ID:	454490  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page