Questions regarding Nos - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Questions regarding Nos

A couple of questions:

1-What is the difference between Dry and Wet kits?

2-The Zex kit seems to have so many things to purchase...do i need them all 2005 2006 2007 MUSTANG GT ZEX NITROUS SYSTEM

3-They have delete plates with holes tapped in for the nos application, I thought the nos was tapped into your intake tube
2005 2006 2007 MUSTANG GT BBK 1763 THROTTLE BODY

4-Does the shot count on your mod list, 50, 75, 100, 150? I plan on intalling the zex along with the stage 3 cams.

5-Any other mods need to be purchased besides traction?

...Once again, thanks to all who respond :hihi:

05 Mustang GT Coupe (Modifications in profile)
91 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible (Bone Stock)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

a dry kit is installed outside of your air filter, injecting nitrous or NO2 into your air filter, NO2 then passes through your MAF sensor. A wet kit, injects nitrous closer to the engine on the intake still but NO2 doesn't pass the MAF. and a direst port system injects directly into the engine via intake manifold.

I heard wet kits are better for the S197s, and If i were you i would buy the whole kit. ZEX is good because it has a pedal switch, that engages once you put the pedal to the medal. im not sure if you know about spraying too soon.... bad things happen. Yes the shot counts on your mod list, 75shot on a wet kit will give you atleast 50+hp, maybe more depending. dry kits will be worth a little less.

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT:
Mods: ||EdelBrock E-Force Stage 1// Brenspeed 93 Dyno Tune// Pypes LT headers, O/R H-pipe// GT500 Fuel System// Borla Stingers// MGW Shifter// Hawk HPS// Powerslot Rotors// CHE: UCA / LCA/ Anti-Squats/ K-member/ Panhard Brace// Nitto NT555's (daily)// Infinity Sound// CDC Chin// MT ET Streets (track)||
www .GutterMindedConcepts.com
447rwhp 419ft-lbs - Stage Zero
* 466 rwhp 441ft-lbs - Stage 1 *
Brenspeed Supporter!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007
Apprentice

I saw great results on a 2006 gt with the NOS wet kit. They made 78 rwhp and well a ****load of torque obviously. The biggest difference between wet kits and dry kits is the way the N2O is delivered. In a wet kit the N2o is delivered pre mixed with the fuel right before your throttle body. Dry kits inject further down stream of the intake manifold without the pre mix of fuel and N2O. Wet kits are easy to install but for the new cars it gets more difficult mainly because of the electronic throttle. Older systems relied on the cable operated TPS but the new ones are all electric so there's alot more wiring in the new kits. But if a whole mess of wires doesn't intimidate you than you can probably install the kit yourself in about a day. The wet kit is probably the safest way to go and like I said before NOS makes a great kit that includes everything. There are little things that you can buy extra like and electric bottle opener or bottle warmer and such. Gauges too. The bottle warmer is probably the most important accessary though because it is imperative that you keep the N2O pressure at a constant 900-1000 PSI with a wet kit. If not then BOOM! bad things happen. I hope this helps a little.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Mark Twain

Last edited by stlwagon; 09-12-2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: language

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007
Apprentice

Oh I forgot direct port kits. These kits are EXPENSIVE. About $1200 or more and usually provide a substantial amount of power Forged internals are recommended when using such a kit. They deliver N2O directly above each set of intake valves so it is almost immediately combusted giving the engine very quick power gains.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Mark Twain
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT speeder13 View Post
a dry kit is installed outside of your air filter, injecting nitrous or NO2 into your air filter, NO2 then passes through your MAF sensor. A wet kit, injects nitrous closer to the engine on the intake still but NO2 doesn't pass the MAF. and a direst port system injects directly into the engine via intake manifold
Sort of... A wet kit injects fuel and nitrous whereas a dry kit is nitrous only.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Purge kit, window switch, warmer, etc...all add up to almost $1400 then theres labor? Oh boy...mama better be saving for my x-mas list.

Thanks for those who responded.

05 Mustang GT Coupe (Modifications in profile)
91 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible (Bone Stock)

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05FLStangGT View Post
Oh boy...mama better be saving for my x-mas list.
And best of luck with that

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I was going to respond but I see others already have.

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page