Ford Mustang Forum banner

2005 Mustang GT Check Engine Light. Please Help Desperate!

30K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  9SSS 
#1 ·
my check engine ligth came on and these are the codes that it poped

P0010 intake camsheaft position actuator circuit open
P0020 '' '' ''

p0135 02 heater corcuit bank 1 sensor 1
P0155 02 heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1

P0443 evaporative emisions system purge control
P0446 '' '' ''

can any one tell me what this means

#2 ·
Have you changed anything recently on the car? How many miles are on it.? Did you clear the codes?

Could be a fluke. I did some research and find no relationship between the codes. If it were me, I'd clear them and see if they return in several driving cycles.

#3 ·
I have not done any thing to the car in over 5 months. the only mod i have done is a granatelli cai and jba cat back. it only has 17543 miles on it i have cleared the codes several times and drove it bewtene each clear. they keep coming back but it is starting to run smoother i think it may have just been a fluke or the fack that it got prity low in fuel. the owners manual says it could pop codes if you get to low.

#9 ·
That's odd. I ran my car down fairly low the other day and it started to act funny. Why does the fuel level effect it?

#5 ·
sounds to me like electrical problem that's the only relationship they have that they share a harness.. check your main harness 14401 and run through it to see if any of the wires have been chaffing against any metal... that's what i have come against when i get codes of open circuits.....just an advise

#7 ·
P0010 Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit Open (Bank 1)

P0010 Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit Open (Bank 2)

PO135 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 1

PO155 O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

PO443 Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit

PO446 Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit

PO645 A/C Clutch Relay Control Circuit

And last but not least:

PO145A Unknown - gotta love that one...

these were the exact codes that poped. their relation is fuse # 47 engine 1 it blows when you have a short to ground mine happened to be a short in my fog ligths. thanks to all who had inputs

#8 ·
did you find a wiring diagram? i have the same fault?

#11 ·
OK, here's what I found "elsewhere" from a guy who's a Ford tech.: hope it helps some.

Ok what I see here is circuit faults on 4 different components. I think it's extremely unlikely that all those parts went bad at once. I looked at the wirring diagram and I found a few things in common

both of the 02 sensor heater circuits and the purge and vent valve share fuse #8 in the centeral juntion box ( the box under the dash NOT UNDER THE HOOD) this fuse is a 20a fuse

another thing in common is splice #s117 this splice is near where the connector for the evap canister purge valve connector wiring comes off the main harness.

first check that fuse then get back to me.

P0443

Quote:
P0443 - EVAP Control System Canister Purge Valve Circuit Malfunction The PCM monitors the state of the EVAP canister purge valve circuit output driver. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum limit for the commanded state. VPWR circuit open
EVAP canister purge valve circuit shorted to GND
Damaged EVAP canister purge valve
EVAP canister purge valve circuit open
EVAP canister purge valve circuit shorted to VPWR
Damaged PCM
To verify normal function, monitor the EVAP canister purge valve signal PID EVAPPDC (or EVMV for electronic valve) and the signal voltage (PCM control side). With the valve closed, EVAPPDC will indicate 0% duty cycle (0 mA for EVMV) and the voltage approximately equal to battery voltage. When the valve is commanded fully open, EVAPPDC will indicate 100% duty cycle (1000 mA for EVMV) and a voltage drop of 3 volts minimum is normal. Output test mode may be used to switch output ON/OFF to verify function.

p1453

Quote:
P1451 - EVAP Control System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction Monitors the canister vent (CV) solenoid circuit for an electrical failure. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum allowable calibrated parameters for a specified canister vent duty cycle by PCM command. VPWR circuit open
CV solenoid circuit shorted to PWR GND or CHASSIS GND
Damaged CV solenoid
CV solenoid circuit open
CV solenoid circuit shorted to VPWR
Damaged PCM
To verify normal function, monitor the EVAP canister vent solenoid signal PID EVAPCV and the signal voltage (PCM control side). With the valve open, EVAPCV will indicate 0% duty cycle and the voltage approximately equal to battery voltage. When the valve is commanded fully closed, EVAPCV will indicate 100% duty cycle and a voltage drop of 4 volts minimum is normal. Output test mode may be used to switch output ON/OFF to verify function.

p0135

Quote:
P0135 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-11) During testing the HO2S Heaters are checked for opens/shorts and excessive current draw. The test fails when current draw exceeds a calibrated limit and/or an open or short is detected. Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S.
Water in harness connector.
Open VPWR circuit.
Open GND circuit.
Low battery voltage.
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
Damaged HO2S heater.
Damaged PCM.
wiring.
Damaged HO2S heater.
Damaged PCM.

po155

Quote:
P0155 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-21) See DTC P0135

Mike

Ford master service tech

#13 ·
Thanks for the extra info, I'm pretty sure it's got to be water in a harness connector. I have the gts ram air hood with the open vents at the back which allows rain in. This is the most likely cause. I'll start from these areas and move back.

#14 ·
Hi there

OK I now have this problem too!
My car is throwing these codes:-
P0010 intake camsheaft position actuator circuit open
P0020 '' '' ''

p0135 02 heater corcuit bank 1 sensor 1
P0155 02 heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1

P0443 evaporative emisions system purge control
P0446 '' '' ''

All this has happened after fitting a clutch at the weekend. The battery was disconnected, the install was not so easy due to headers on the car and as such the gearbox was not easy to get out and the engine and gearbox needed jacking up and down a few times.

However have checked all wires and they seem fine, everything is connected OK. Changed the front/upstream 02 sensors and still same issue, checked fuse number 8 under dash and its fine even though its only 10AMP in my car.

So am now stuck and dunno what to try next, even though my car is throwing these codes it only runs bad when cold as its running way too rich and as such is lumpy but once warm seems fine.

Any ideas guys?

#15 ·
HI there

Right have tracked down the problem.

Its fuse 47 (15A) in the engine bay.

Replaced it and problem solved, until it blew again.

So something is blowing fuse 47 in the engine bay which is throwing all these codes. Any ideas guys?

#16 ·
PO135 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 1

PO155 O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

These obviously are your O2 sensors. Banks= the side of the motor that is affected. i.e. Bank 1 Sensor 1 means (if im not mistaken) the O2 sensor on drivers side connected to your factory manifold and Bank 2 Sensor 1 means the O2 sensor on passenger side connected to factory manifold.

This could mean a few possible things as far as i know. One thing is that your 02 sensors are bad. It could mean that your 02 sensor is catching a slow reading from the ecu. Or it could be something else that im not aware of.

That might help you with your O2 sensors. Sorry I cant help you with anything else.

#17 ·
holy crap what a coincidence my car just threw the same 6 codes. Unfortunately my xcal 3 kept saying it was not reading codes but trusty ole autozone read them for me. Gonna look into my warranty for my xcal 3 tomorrow and apparently change fuse #47 under the hood and pray it does not come on again but if it does then I know I have a short for sure.

#18 ·
Fellows, I have had these same 6 codes on my car and had no idea what to do or how to fix it! My car would not hardly idle let alone run under its own power. I checked fuse #47 and sure enough it was blown!!! Replaced the fuse and the car runs great now!!! Thank you so much to whomever started this thread as well as everyone else that responded to it. I would have never found this on my own!:kooky::waveyNow I get to enjoy my car again!!!
Oh, how all of this got started is I installed an aluminum flywheel and centerforce dual friction clutch. Upon installing my transmission I accidentally trapped a section of the engine wiring harness between the tranny and engine which ruined the harness! Had to install a replacement wiring harness and then that is when the trouble started!!!

#20 ·
Just wanted to say that this thread really helped me out. I think the problem I was having was a bad o2 extension cable. I was getting a bad o2 CEL. Went to check it out and the pins and a wire came right out of the plug with no force. Got late model resto to send me new ones after sending them pictures. Then these codes came up. Found this thread, replaced fuse 47 and BOOM. Hauling ass again. made me sign up on the site to write this. Thanks everyone that contributed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.