2005 Mustang GT Check Engine Light. Please Help Desperate! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

PO135 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 1

PO155 O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

These obviously are your O2 sensors. Banks= the side of the motor that is affected. i.e. Bank 1 Sensor 1 means (if im not mistaken) the O2 sensor on drivers side connected to your factory manifold and Bank 2 Sensor 1 means the O2 sensor on passenger side connected to factory manifold.

This could mean a few possible things as far as i know. One thing is that your 02 sensors are bad. It could mean that your 02 sensor is catching a slow reading from the ecu. Or it could be something else that im not aware of.

That might help you with your O2 sensors. Sorry I cant help you with anything else.

05 Mustang GT - Performance Mods - Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Diablosport Tuner, Eibach Multi-pro R-2 coilovers , Max. Motors. camber plates and bumpsteer
Appearance Mods - 20" Shelby Razor wheels (Gunmetal with polished lip), flat black fender stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05roush
holy crap what a coincidence my car just threw the same 6 codes. Unfortunately my xcal 3 kept saying it was not reading codes but trusty ole autozone read them for me. Gonna look into my warranty for my xcal 3 tomorrow and apparently change fuse #47 under the hood and pray it does not come on again but if it does then I know I have a short for sure.

2005 BLACK Mustang GT Roush #05-0090 of 204 M5,
DOB manifold, m122 SC, gt500 TB, 52lbers, KB BAP, AFCO HE
Brisk plugs, Mac Lt's, Off road x, Roush TVS CAI,
Detroit rocker sc grind cams, Brenspeed 93 tune,
10 psi (2.875" pulley) 479rwhp-433ftlbs sae
Rookie
S197 Member

Fellows, I have had these same 6 codes on my car and had no idea what to do or how to fix it! My car would not hardly idle let alone run under its own power. I checked fuse #47 and sure enough it was blown!!! Replaced the fuse and the car runs great now!!! Thank you so much to whomever started this thread as well as everyone else that responded to it. I would have never found this on my own!:kooky:Now I get to enjoy my car again!!!
Oh, how all of this got started is I installed an aluminum flywheel and centerforce dual friction clutch. Upon installing my transmission I accidentally trapped a section of the engine wiring harness between the tranny and engine which ruined the harness! Had to install a replacement wiring harness and then that is when the trouble started!!!

Rookie

07 mustang gt fuse,#47

Hey guys im havein the same problem keep blowing fuse number 47 and all the same codes are comin up... Idk wats wrong ? Someone help me please..
Rookie

Just wanted to say that this thread really helped me out. I think the problem I was having was a bad o2 extension cable. I was getting a bad o2 CEL. Went to check it out and the pins and a wire came right out of the plug with no force. Got late model resto to send me new ones after sending them pictures. Then these codes came up. Found this thread, replaced fuse 47 and BOOM. Hauling ass again. made me sign up on the site to write this. Thanks everyone that contributed!
PONY Member

Good to hear you got it resolved; and, the folks at latemodelrestoration.com are fantastic.

Mike -- 2005 "The Beast" (Formerly a V6, now a forged/stroked 5.0L V8 sportn' a Kenne Bell 2.6L @18psi, and many mods
2006 4.0L w/Powerhouse turbo and TR-6060 :kooky:
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troon2004 View Post
OK, here's what I found "elsewhere" from a guy who's a Ford tech.: hope it helps some.

Ok what I see here is circuit faults on 4 different components. I think it's extremely unlikely that all those parts went bad at once. I looked at the wirring diagram and I found a few things in common

both of the 02 sensor heater circuits and the purge and vent valve share fuse #8 in the centeral juntion box ( the box under the dash NOT UNDER THE HOOD) this fuse is a 20a fuse

another thing in common is splice #s117 this splice is near where the connector for the evap canister purge valve connector wiring comes off the main harness.

first check that fuse then get back to me.

P0443

Quote:
P0443 - EVAP Control System Canister Purge Valve Circuit Malfunction The PCM monitors the state of the EVAP canister purge valve circuit output driver. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum limit for the commanded state. VPWR circuit open
EVAP canister purge valve circuit shorted to GND
Damaged EVAP canister purge valve
EVAP canister purge valve circuit open
EVAP canister purge valve circuit shorted to VPWR
Damaged PCM
To verify normal function, monitor the EVAP canister purge valve signal PID EVAPPDC (or EVMV for electronic valve) and the signal voltage (PCM control side). With the valve closed, EVAPPDC will indicate 0% duty cycle (0 mA for EVMV) and the voltage approximately equal to battery voltage. When the valve is commanded fully open, EVAPPDC will indicate 100% duty cycle (1000 mA for EVMV) and a voltage drop of 3 volts minimum is normal. Output test mode may be used to switch output ON/OFF to verify function.

p1453

Quote:
P1451 - EVAP Control System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction Monitors the canister vent (CV) solenoid circuit for an electrical failure. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum allowable calibrated parameters for a specified canister vent duty cycle by PCM command. VPWR circuit open
CV solenoid circuit shorted to PWR GND or CHASSIS GND
Damaged CV solenoid
CV solenoid circuit open
CV solenoid circuit shorted to VPWR
Damaged PCM
To verify normal function, monitor the EVAP canister vent solenoid signal PID EVAPCV and the signal voltage (PCM control side). With the valve open, EVAPCV will indicate 0% duty cycle and the voltage approximately equal to battery voltage. When the valve is commanded fully closed, EVAPCV will indicate 100% duty cycle and a voltage drop of 4 volts minimum is normal. Output test mode may be used to switch output ON/OFF to verify function.

p0135

Quote:
P0135 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-11) During testing the HO2S Heaters are checked for opens/shorts and excessive current draw. The test fails when current draw exceeds a calibrated limit and/or an open or short is detected. Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S.
Water in harness connector.
Open VPWR circuit.
Open GND circuit.
Low battery voltage.
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
Damaged HO2S heater.
Damaged PCM.
wiring.
Damaged HO2S heater.
Damaged PCM.

po155

Quote:
P0155 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-21) See DTC P0135

Mike

Ford master service tech
real good info thanks 9SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page