Any love for the stock Mustang GT rims. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

I have those wheels on my 09 and hate them.. Really hate them.. Gonna try to scoop up some 13 GT wheels soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Well - 2 things about the blade rims
1 they clean up nice & easy
2 roads in Cali are terrible & the rims hold up good

1965 Mustang 289 Auto
1967 Mustang Fastback 289 4-Speed
1991 Toyota MR2 2.4 turbo 5-Speed
2005 Mustang Conv. Premium Auto
2007 Mustang GT Premium Auto
2013 Mustang V6 Premium Auto Convt. GHIG
2019 Mustang GT Premium Auto Convt. Need for Green
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Well I guess no love for them but some good news I guess.See on ebay they sell.One seller has some listed.Has 10 available with 11 sold.Buy it now for $140.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...e1cba5&vxp=mtr

So looks like I can probably put them on craigs with the stock Pirelli tires and maybe sell the combo($125x4)or just straight up $400 for the price off a big chunk off new set of Bullit 18x9's from American Muscle for around $150 each or If anyone has a site that I could get them cheaper.
Deep Dish Bullitt Polished Mustang Wheel - 18x9 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

If people are buying them off ebay for $140 with $35 shipping with no tires I should be able sell them for a enough to cut a big chunk off cost of new bullit rims.I have Fords buyers and I believe they will fit Mazda's too.
Tires are in excellent condition rims are not new looking.A few normal wear and tear scratch's from being driven for 10 years.You dont notice them unless your down there cleaning rims.

Apprentice

My car had those. I didn't mind them but I bought silver take-off bullitts and they look WAY better. I could be wrong but I thought all GT's had them in 05 and in later years they were an upgrade.
Apprentice

Garage
One of the first things I want to do to my GT is change the rims out for something bigger. I think the stock rims would like much better if they were at least 19"
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I dont know what wheels came stock on a 2005 GT. Split spoke or Bullit type..but when playing Forza 4 on Xbox it has a 2005 Mustang GT and stock ford rims for that car in the game are neither the bullit type nor the split spoke but these...

EDITid find this..If you scrowl down you will see wheel options for the 2005.Appears on Base GT the Bullit type was standard.The split spoke was a option
"17" Bright Machined Cast Aluminum
Opt. on GT Deluxe & Premium (64D) " I dont see anywhere where the rins from Forza 4 are shown.

Heres the 2005 Ford order guide.
http://www.shnack.com/docs/2005fordm...rder_guide.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford-Mustang_GT_Convertible-2005-1600-23.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	462217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	462225  
PONY Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to night rider
Back in 05 there wasn't a lot to choose from .

Bought New 05 Black GT coupe / TR-3650 / C&L Racer c.a.i / 94 custom race tune / Barton shifter / Exedy Mach 500 clutch / Ram billet steel flywheel / Ford racing stainless steel hard clutch line / 2014 GT500 forged aluminum clutch m.c/ Napa premium grade front l.c.a / Baer slotted cross-drilled front rotors / Roush pedal kit / AutoMeter Digital voltmeter / Compustar Pro 2 way Security system.
PONY Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to night rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by night rider View Post
Back in 05 there wasn't a lot to choose from .
I'm looking for some 18x9.5 for the front and 18x10 for the back.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1441424376136.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	462289   Click image for larger version

Name:	1441424670179.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	462337  

Bought New 05 Black GT coupe / TR-3650 / C&L Racer c.a.i / 94 custom race tune / Barton shifter / Exedy Mach 500 clutch / Ram billet steel flywheel / Ford racing stainless steel hard clutch line / 2014 GT500 forged aluminum clutch m.c/ Napa premium grade front l.c.a / Baer slotted cross-drilled front rotors / Roush pedal kit / AutoMeter Digital voltmeter / Compustar Pro 2 way Security system.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Hope I'm not resurrecting this thread from the dead(!) but I bought my 05 in 2012 with the "original" rims, and kept trying to like them. But as other folks have mentioned, I was constantly trying to keep them clean; when they became dusty from the brakes or just driving it for awhile, they took on an el-cheap-o appearance to me, like the tacky old uncle wearing his 1980's Michael Jackson "Thriller" jacket to a wedding reception. My intent was to go retro, so I chose the American Muscle wheel and tire combo, and am very happy with the results. If you can keep those GT premium wheels polished, they are quite striking, but you have to love polishing!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1318-001.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	836.7 KB
ID:	504121   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150202_135352.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	507.4 KB
ID:	504129   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150202_160125.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	504137  
dt2010gt likes this.

It's the car we've always wanted and can now afford, it's NOT a mid-life crisis!!
JLT series 3 CAI, brenspeed 93 octane tune, Pypes "Pype Bomb" muffler deletes *Many fun and attractive interior mods!
GT Member

I bought polished wheels for my Ranger (wasn't really paying attention when I ordered them), I will never do that again. They look good new, but are just way too hard to keep clean. I know driving them in the winter didn't help but for some reason the front two wheels are super oxidized while the rear two still look pretty good, I don't know if the heat from the brakes caused that or what but I'll stick with clearcoated wheels.

That said, although a 17" wheel does look a little small on the S197 due to the ginormous wheel openings, I do love the style of the Bullitt wheel, especially the ones with the charcoal center like mine are. I've looked at new wheels for it a dozen times but can't decide on anything that I really like that much more than the Bullitt wheels.

'05 Mustang GT Premium
CMS Stage 1 cams, C&L Racer, Lito tune, Jeg's oil sep, CMDP, SR UDP's, JBA stainless LT's & catted H, Magnaflow resonators, MBRP axle back, BMR springs, Koni STR.T, BMR LCA's & backets, J&M upper & mount, J&M Al panhard, DIY panhard brace, Steeda Tri-Ax, smoked corners, Raxiom Vector tails, Brembos, S550 GT Premium wheels, 2010+ door panels
Rookie

Garage
The guy I bought my GT from had done the matte black plastidip, and it looked terrible. I didn't like the stock rims much, so I swapped them with the ones that were on a '96 GT I was driving at the time. Like the tribar pony logo, and it matches the gearshift in the car. As an added bonus the stock rims actually look decent on a black '96 GT.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rims2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	363.4 KB
ID:	504513   Click image for larger version

Name:	car2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	504521  
Edmund K likes this.
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund K View Post
Hope I'm not resurrecting this thread from the dead(!) but I bought my 05 in 2012 with the "original" rims, and kept trying to like them. But as other folks have mentioned, I was constantly trying to keep them clean; when they became dusty from the brakes or just driving it for awhile, they took on an el-cheap-o appearance to me, like the tacky old uncle wearing his 1980's Michael Jackson "Thriller" jacket to a wedding reception.

My intent was to go retro, so I chose the American Muscle wheel and tire combo, and am very happy with the results. If you can keep those GT premium wheels polished, they are quite striking, but you have to love polishing!
Edmund - We love a good thread from the dead...(Should we start making thriller references just yet? Too early?)

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your wheels as much as I do. Drop me a line if there's ever anything I can help out with.

Edmund K likes this.

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
I have those from my Stang (they're stacked in my shed). They were a complete pain in the rear to clean and a little bit of brake dust made them look bad. Cleaned up they do look nice
Couldn't be said any better. It always took me about 40 minutes to clean all 4 wheels. Ugh. Glad those days are over! I've since swapped wheels and tires and need to sell them...they are taking up space big time.
Edmund K likes this.

2006 GT Premium Coupe | 4.6 | Silver | Ford Racing CAI, Bama Tune, TruFiber hood w/functional scoop, SLP Loudmouths, Bullitt style wheels, 245/50ZR17 tires
2013 GT Premium Coupe | 5.0 | Gray | 400A | Borla axlebacks
Apprentice

FYI, In 2005 the machined 17" wheels were an option for the GT, Option code "64D". The MSRP on those was $195.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page