2005 Mustang GT... Please help me identify and repair T3650 transmission sensor - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

2005 Mustang GT... Please help me identify and repair T3650 transmission sensor

I remember reading on this forum about a transmission sensor on top of the T3650 tranny that comes with manual GTs that is very easily broken when taking out the tranny. Well I've done just that.

But I have no idea what it is and how to fix it. I remember reading about it here and I've conducted a search of this site without luck so I am looking for your help.

In the photo below it's the little silver nub on top of the tranny. I smashed it while pulling out my engine and now it's spinning around loose.

I can't find anything about it in the workshop manual either.

Does anyone know what this is and what needs to be done to make sure it is still working...whatever it is? Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transen.jpg
Views:	6303
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	33923  

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Here is something I found. I'll look on the DVD also. I just looked at mine and its just a vent for the trans. The top spins around right? You didn't remove any wires from it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21903914.jpg
Views:	9621
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	33929  

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
+1... It's just a vent. There's a similar piece on the top of the passenger side axle on the 8.8 rear.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Also... The transmission speed sensor/harness is on the driver side of the tranny.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
Here is something I found. I'll look on the DVD also. I just looked at mine and its just a vent for the trans. The top spins around right? You didn't remove any wires from it.
That's right, it just spins around and has no provision for connecting wires. I though I did that when taking it out but if that is normal that is GREAT NEWS.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Is it new clutch time?
Just wondering because I believe you have one of the highest miles on a S197

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr View Post
Is it new clutch time?
He already swapped for a SPEC Stage 3+ but is changing it again during the rebuild.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr View Post
Is it new clutch time?

I put a new Spec stage 3 (6 puck) in about 10,000 miles ago but I never really grew attached to it. It was AWESOME at the drag strip but it was a bit to "ON/OFF" for as much street driving as I do.

Now I still want that stiffness at the drag strip I need just a LITTLE more drivability so I'm going with a new Stage 3+. It's not a 6 puck but more like the stock.

If anyone wants a Spec stage 3 with only 10K on it they can have it for free. Just PM me.

And Stoenr, I am replacing everything that could possibly wear out. Water pump (eH20), etc. I'm having fun rebuilding my Stang but I don't want to do this again for a long time. Neither does my wife.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

My bad... Thought you already had the 3+.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page