Panhard Bar Install Question - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By T.Wayne
  • 1 Post By Justin_LeStang

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Panhard Bar Install Question

I recently purchased a panhard bar from American Muscle for my 07 Mustang GT. Every install video I have seen the cars are on lifts. My question is can I roll my back wheel up a set of ramps so I can get underneath or does the rear suspension need to uncompressed when changing? Just don't want to pop it out while suspension is under load and then not be able to get the new one in. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

It is not under any forces that might make this difficult. You are good to go!

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015
Rookie

You're fine brother. Two bolts. I believe they are 18mm pop them out and pop it in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I'd like to piggy back this..
While yes, it's a breeze to pull out when lifted.
How does that go for adjustment.
I would IMAGINE, having on the ground is better for getting proper measurements to center.
But I also think it would be a B*tch to move a fully loaded rear.

Please educate me.

1993 Mustang GT
UDPs, Smog/AC Delete, O/R H, Dumped Straight Pipes, 155lph Fuel Pump, Factory "CAI"

Mostly Restoration
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015
Rookie

I'm gonna guess it's if you get an adjustable panhard bar. How do you adjust the factory one when there is no adjustment on the bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015
GT Member

Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastStang14 View Post
I'd like to piggy back this..
While yes, it's a breeze to pull out when lifted.
How does that go for adjustment.
I would IMAGINE, having on the ground is better for getting proper measurements to center.
But I also think it would be a B*tch to move a fully loaded rear.

Please educate me.

Just me but I followed the directions. I had similar questions years ago and Kelly yes BMR Kelly pick up the phone at BMR when I called and walked me into the section for install. I downloaded the instructions so here they are. I hope this helps you and if you have a different brand no big deal as the directions are only different based off where the adjustment nut is.

That's the difference between "On Car Adjustment" and other design's.

T Wayne
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PHR005.pdf (85.7 KB, 74 views)
FastStang14 likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015
Site Sponsor

The bar can be installed with either the suspension loaded or unloaded, it doesn't make a difference. The bar MUST be adjusted with the suspension loaded or you won't be able to accurately see how much you need to adjust the bar.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015
Rookie

Garage
Like the rest of the people here. I've installed one as well. Really simple job. Jack up the rear end on the dif (put some block of wood between jack and dif) then jack stands on the side frame in front if rear tires. Drop the jack. 2 18m bolts and then you're good to go. Try greasing the stock bushings up a bit to help it slide out easier. Lube up the new bushings, align bar, install 2 bolts back into place and remember to torque them to spec (129 ft lbs) drop the car. Now to align the bar properly its best if you have a distance that it can be rolled or driven for. Make changes. Drive/roll car 5-10 feet then see how it is. Keep making changes until alignment is spot on. Best of luck!!!! ��
FastStang14 likes this.

2006 Satin Silver Manual Mustang GT

Apparently I have too many mods to fit in a sig
Basically all you need to know... E85 & stickers make me go fast
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015
Site Sponsor

Dylan to the rescue here!

Sorry I missed you yesterday OP I was offsite ill.

If you ever have any questions and you need an answer immediately don't hesitate to call one of my Mustang Experts,

We're here around the clock with Holiday Hours!

Happy modding.

Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for all the replies. The bar went on very easily. A little grease and aligning and she was done. I did not get the adjustable bar but I can tell the difference. Especially on quick take-offs when the tires spin. Really smooth and no chattering. Now its time to work on getting the upper and lower control arms swapped out.
GT Member

Bmr box

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritsNGravy View Post
Thanks for all the replies. The bar went on very easily. A little grease and aligning and she was done. I did not get the adjustable bar but I can tell the difference. Especially on quick take-offs when the tires spin. Really smooth and no chattering. Now its time to work on getting the upper and lower control arms swapped out.

So from your statements I would guess you are like the rest of us, when it comes to spirited driving. IMO I have used or installed a lot of LCA's
and this is just my opinion.

BMR: A little NVH Box Poly but you can thrash them.
UPR: Very civil but with a softer bushing one of the best for street for the price BASE MODEL.
Steeda:A little over priced but a great part.

I listed these for the LCA because I have yet to Break any of them. I will tell you this I hit a pot hole that could have ate VW Bug at 70MPH and the BMR LCA's did not break. I could not avoid the pot hole at the time as I was on the HWY. If they would have been the factory ones, they would have folded. The ones listed above are 10X's better that the OEM LCA's.

T Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page