2006 mustang GT... Need help with tuning. - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

2006 mustang GT... Need help with tuning.

Hello everyone, I'm new in allformustangs.
I own an 06 gt in Guayaquil-Ecuador(South America) and I've several problems. First, I love mustangs so much that I'd like to make it the fastest car in Ecuador, but there are several good competitors. I already have the Ford Racing CAI, 4.10 gear, headers and short shifter installed and also, I took off the catalytic converters and the muffler (now its a complettely free exhaust with no interruption. There are no laws against that here).
I'm also about to install these week or the other the Eibach springs, shock and struts, and front and rear swaybars and Iridium spark plugs.
I also have the Predator but I don't know what parameters to change and how much because I have no Kwoledge at all in mechanic and there are no dynos here in Guayaquil. So you can notice that my situation is awful, but I want my stang to kick azzs. Mustangs should be the best everywhere.
I'm just 21 years old, with no knowledge in mechanic. This is my first car and the car I always dream. My father wanted to buy me an M5, 350 Z or Z4 but I always wanted the mustang.
I will like someone to have the pacient to help me out, indicating or recomending me what pharameters should I change.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Welcome to the forums. You really don't want to be messing around with the timing and/or fuel without knowledge of what you're doing. Would recommend you consider BamaChips Tuning and have Doug build you a custom tune for your modifications.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007
MACH I Member

Now that's my kind of daddy you passed on an M5

2005 GT coupe

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Welcome to the forums. You really don't want to be messing around with the timing and/or fuel without knowledge of what you're doing. Would recommend you consider BamaChips Tuning and have Doug build you a custom tune for your modifications.
--
first of all thanks you very much. Yes, I was fooling around few times and always noticed codes with "fuel too lean" so I decided to quit doing that to avoid to damage the engine. About BamaChips Tuning I have read a little about them, but I wonder can they help me, I'm SouthAmerica. Anyway I appreciate your advice and I'll try to contact Doug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1213 View Post
Now that's my kind of daddy you passed on an M5
Believe me, I've loved mustangs since I was a child. Also, my grandfather wanted to give me his audi TT so he gave it to my cousin. I wanted the new mustang to be my first car. And my dream its to make it the fastest car in Ecuador.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarfmustang View Post
--
first of all thanks you very much. Yes, I was fooling around few times and always noticed codes with "fuel too lean" so I decided to quit doing that to avoid to damage the engine. About BamaChips Tuning I have read a little about them, but I wonder can they help me, I'm SouthAmerica. Anyway I appreciate your advice and I'll try to contact Doug.
Sure he can help. You tell him your current mods and he can build you a tune and email it to you.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thanks again. I hope he can help me. I already sent them a message and I hope they answer me back soon.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to Hoodlum
You can also datalog with the xcal2(dont know about the predator) and send them the logs and they can custom tune your car that way.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
You can also datalog with the xcal2(dont know about the predator) and send them the logs and they can custom tune your car that way.
Predator can capture PIDs too. Best if you have a wideband so you can report A/F levels.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Yes, I think they don't do it with the Predator. So just in case, I just need to tell them my current mods and the air/fuel level. Anything else???
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to Hoodlum
octane ratings you want/have available to you.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Yes, I think they don't do it with the Predator. So just in case, I just need to tell them my current mods and the air/fuel level. Anything else???
So you have a wideband air/fuel meter? If so, that's great.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

yes I do have it, so I'll check that later. But what about my exhaust, I took off the catalytic converters and the muffler and now it's a completely free exhaust tubes. do you think they can help me with that? I don't know because is ilegal in the States, but there are no laws about that in here.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
yes I do have it, so I'll check that later. But what about my exhaust, I took off the catalytic converters and the muffler and now it's a completely free exhaust tubes. do you think they can help me with that? I don't know because is ilegal in the States, but there are no laws about that in here.
Doug can handle that it thats who you go with. Its just that most engins need and run better with a little back pressure.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
PONY Member
S197 Member

If your goal is to really be the fastest car there, you should stop messing around and contact JDM. They'll ship you a Saleen S/C and email you tunes for it as well. Your setup now is quick, but with the cars you've listed and the owners modding them, you won't be the quickest.

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

yes, I think I went with him. That's what it says in the "contact us" section, "Douglas Studdard". I hope he answer me back soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page