05 Mustang Gt windows automatically roll down I take the key out and open door - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

05 Mustang Gt windows automatically roll down when I take the key out and open door

I recently bought a O5 mustang GT with 80k miles. It was all fine when i test drove it at the dealership twice over a span of two weeks. But after i took it home and parked, the windows started automatically rolling down when i take the key out and open the door. I tried quiet a few things mentioned in some older threads on this forum but nothing worked. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

car info,
1) It has an aftermarket stereo.
2) The key FOB doesn't work even after replacing the battery

Things I've tried so far,
1) Leaving the battery unplugged over night
2) pulling the fuse in SJB while the windows are moving and then doing the 'learning process' for the windows.
3) pulling the fuse in the fuse box under the hood when the car was running and doing the 'learning' process for the windows

Any info on how to fix it would be of great help. Thanks!

Last edited by StockMustan; 02-23-2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016
Rookie

How's it going?
Do both of the windows roll all the way down?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016
Apprentice

id try the reset where you roll it all the way down and hold it for like 3 seconds then all the way up and hold it for 3 seconds just to see

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

yes it was rolling both the windows all the way down and just trying to reset with rolling up/down and holding didn't help. However, I reprogrammed the key fob and and it fixed the issue. It has got something to do with the auto rolling feature, i guess but I am not sure why it happened in the first place as the FOB was not working even when the car was with the dealer. Thanks for the suggestions and I am happy the issue is fixed now !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016
Apprentice

I had the exact same issue with mine at 82k. It's called the "global open" feature. I did the window reset procedure and it's been fine ever since. You can take it to the dealer to have the setting turned off in the computer as it's a known issue. If not just do the reset procedure and alls good again. You accidentally held down the door unlock button for to long on your FOB. If I'm not mistaken the factory deleted this from the computers in 06 and up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page