Exhaust reviews - why the vast difference? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
So I need the M-5230-SA for my 2010. They regular M-5230S FR500S's are just for 2005-09. At least they are powder coated black. But they are over $600 and look to be harder to come by. Like I can only find one place to get them online??? Crapola.

2010 GT Premium 5-speed w/ 3.73 - Acquired 08-2015

Pypes PypeBomb Axlebacks - MGW Shifter - BMR TCA032 LCA's - J&M Adj. UCA & Mount - BFG Comp 2 A/S - Powerstop Z26 Street Warrior Brake Kit -
Hoonigan & Rockstar Stickers (Worth 50hp right there)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Garage
Just installed bombs on my 05 gt a week ago. Personally love them. There is some drone but I think it's managable. I live in pretty close proximity to my neighbors and leave for work at 5:30 in the morning and have yet to get a complaint. Only gripe I had was the fit. Passenger side hangers had to basically be remade to fit. Driver side was close bit still needed a little bending on one of them. I've also seen where people through them on and they fit fine so maybe I just have bad luck.

Rookie

Garage
Also in reply to the guy mentioning power increase with the violators, I also felt an increase with the bombs.
dt2010gt likes this.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGowland View Post
So I need the M-5230-SA for my 2010. . . . But they are over $600 and look to be harder to come by. Like I can only find one place to get them online??? Crapola.
Yeah, that is the one big drawback to them. I watched e-bay for about 6 months and found a set for about $450, but they are few and far between. A low cost alternative: watch you local Craig's List, and buy whatever comes up at a cheap price. Then if you don't like them, you can resell them and try something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grossman05 View Post
Also in reply to the guy mentioning power increase with the violators, I also felt an increase with the bombs.
You guys should rent yourselves out as dynos, if you can feel 1 or 2 HP on 300.
MustangLife likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Rookie

I have axle back Pype Bombs on my o6. That drone that some people complain about is music to my ears. My car sounds excellent
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
GT Member

Quote:
A link to that video would be great. Thanks.
Here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMiZkm2Yy04

There are a few others as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BArXXMfAlMU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz2Ln-dgwls

And for reference here is mine with the MBRP's after I put on a Magnaflow catted X pipe...as you can hear high flow cats increase the volume a LOT. So if you're ever considering this route it's something to keep in mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciP6tvp-B4

'05 Mustang GT Premium
CMS Stage 1 cams, C&L Racer, Lito tune, Jeg's oil sep, CMDP, SR UDP's, JBA stainless LT's & catted H, Magnaflow resonators, MBRP axle back, BMR springs, Koni STR.T, BMR LCA's & backets, J&M upper & mount, J&M Al panhard, DIY panhard brace, Steeda Tri-Ax, smoked corners, Raxiom Vector tails, Brembos, S550 GT Premium wheels, 2010+ door panels
Rookie

Garage
Lol don't know that there is a difference but it feels like there is, maybe it's just a placebo affect I dunno or I'm just nuts(my wife would agree with that part)point is love my bombs!
PONY Member

I installed the Aluminized MBRP Axleback Exhaust on my '06 GT and have been very pleased with them. A bit of drone from 1800-2000 RPM but not too bad. Idle sounds more throaty than stock and plenty aggressive when you open it up. Cruising on the interstate is good too. Can listen to the radio at normal volume. I picked mine up from Summit Racing for about $225 including a $25.00 mail-in MBRP rebate back in November.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Maybe, we should... but a noticeable in acceleration and launch is noticeable and felt like more of an increase than my Steeda UDPs. I used to drag race as a hobby, and may well be able to feel real gains better than you. Like I said, I was surprised to feel the gain, but it was clear. Maybe Pypes makes better flowing mufflers than Ford Racing?

DT

2010 GT Premium / Automatic / RapidSpec 401A Leather Interior / MMD Decklid Panel / MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers / MMD Black Tail Light Trim / GT500 Splash Guards / GT Valve Caps / FRPP GT500 Brake Cooling Shields / FRPP-SVT GT500 Cooling Fan / Steeda LCAs / Whiteline Front Sway, RTR Rear / Whiteline Adj Panhard / Redline Hood Struts / JLT Oil Separator / JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake / Pypes O/R X-pipe / Pypes Violators Axelbacks / Steeda UDP / Steeda CMDPlugs / Brenspeed Tune
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes View Post
I have axle back Pype Bombs on my o6. That drone that some people complain about is music to my ears. My car sounds excellent
Drone that you feel in your ears as a throbbing pressure is punishment for making a poor choice . . . either in your choice of exhaust or the rpm and load that you're driving at (maybe both). Only a glutton for punishment could ever enjoy that.

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I ran the bombs with my h pipe.
Didn't drone for me. I'm assuming because I'm geared.
Scared people.
Loved em.

However, they had no tone.
At idle they were loud and deep.
Then, they just got louder.
Did my LTs and changed mufflers
Swapped to flows. Tone throughout the rpm range.
Lost the decibels.

Also, fitment of the pypes left something to be desired. Nothing horrible. But I've ran cheaper axlebacks that fit better..(SSS terminators)

To recap, loved the idle, anything below 50% throttle was deep and heavenly.

For me, just wanted more tone.

Can't speak for power gains before or after my chambered swap.
Felt about the same.

I do miss blipping the throttle around town and watching people jump.
Apprentice

Garage
You have to take into consideration weither or not the stock cats have been or will be removed. I have straight thru Magnaflows (that I got used for less than $100) on the end of an otherwise stock exhaust system and I like it. I wouldnt want to run them with long tubes and an off road H pipe though.
PONY Member

Quote:
So I need the M-5230-SA for my 2010. They regular M-5230S FR500S's are just for 2005-09. At least they are powder coated black. But they are over $600 and look to be harder to come by. Like I can only find one place to get them online??? Crapola.

You can run the M-5230-S on the 2010 GT, the tips just won't stick out as far as those on the M-5230-SA.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
Apprentice
S197 Member

Check out post 16 and 18 on this site as my pype bombs droned at 2000 rpm until I fabricated 1/4 wave pipes to them. Sounds great now and no drone.

Exhaust drone - Mustang Evolution

Last edited by lenko; 03-14-2016 at 05:14 PM. Reason: sp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page