Pulling dents with glue gun is a pain in ass. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Pulling dents with glue gun is a pain in ass.

So have a few parking lot dents. Went to Harbor Freight and bought one of those crossbar dent pullers.Its like $13.
Thats crap became annoying.First I did It saturday when temps were low-mid 60's.Glue wouldnt stick to good.Then read it works best when car metal is warm.So I tried it today.Nice day.Sun is out and car metal is warm to touch.Damn glue wont dry hard to pull.Its to soft.So After about three times I went ahead put some more glue on and pulled car into shade. see If I let it set there till after sun starts to go down and glue hardens enough to try and pull it.
Its just annoying...
I had better results with one of the dents just using a Toilet plunger.It pulled out about 2/3's of the one dent.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016
PONY Member

Don't bother with that crap. For a few bucks you can pay a PDR guy to take them out for you. Early on when I first got my car my daughter put a dent in the side of my car. I park in the garage next to my wife's car and getting in and out of the car they carelessly hit my car. Really pissed me off to have my own family do this. Anyway I called a PDR guy, for $40 the guy made it disappear in a few minutes. I was greatly releaved. I also became proactive and created a foam curtain between my car and hers so this could NEVER happen again.

Short story long, call PDR, you'll be happy you did.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09v6 View Post
Don't bother with that crap. For a few bucks you can pay a PDR guy to take them out for you. Early on when I first got my car my daughter put a dent in the side of my car. I park in the garage next to my wife's car and getting in and out of the car they carelessly hit my car. Really pissed me off to have my own family do this. Anyway I called a PDR guy, for $40 the guy made it disappear in a few minutes. I was greatly releaved. I also became proactive and created a foam curtain between my car and hers so this could NEVER happen again.

Short story long, call PDR, you'll be happy you did.
My car been getting thoroughly raped by careless drivers (or passengers) swinging their door into mine - I have 4-5 nasty dings. What's a PDR guy?
Also, if that was my kid I would have forced her to street park

2001 Mustang GT - Crashed (Other person's fault) Stock.
2003 Mustang GT - Sold
Lowered, Flowmaster catbacks, CAI + Tune, 5% tint all around, American racing wheels.
2005 Mustang GT - Traded in
"Performance" spark plugs and ignition coils, 5% tint on back 3 - 20% on front two, 20 inch silver AMR wheels
2011 Mustang GT - BEAST
5% tint all around. 2014 GT premium wheels. Roush axleback

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesGT View Post
My car been getting thoroughly raped by careless drivers (or passengers) swinging their door into mine - I have 4-5 nasty dings. What's a PDR guy?
Also, if that was my kid I would have forced her to street park
PDR> Paintless Dent Repair.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Main reason that glue puller did not help is where the dents are located.They were on body lines.If it were just on a flat part of car it would have worked.I was able to pull out some of the dent on the body line about 4-5 inches before car handle.These are the locations my dents are at.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bcf85_1.5.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	504841  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratotak View Post
PDR> Paintless Dent Repair.
or Paintless Dent Removal....but you get the idea. Call around and don't go for the first guy or company. I shopped around and got estimates from $200 for a quarter size dent repair down to $40. I went with the $40 since it seemed reasonable and he was close by. He also pulled out a dent on my truck at the same time for just another $20, so I got a pretty good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratotak View Post
Main reason that glue puller did not help is where the dents are located.They were on body lines.If it were just on a flat part of car it would have worked.I was able to pull out some of the dent on the body line about 4-5 inches before car handle.These are the locations my dents are at.
My dent was just below the rear window and above the rear fender well. The guy drilled a hole in the fender well, stuck a metal rod up inside the cavity and massaged the dent away. Then he put a plastic plug in the area he drilled. I added a little roofing tar on top of the plastic plug so it looks just like the undercoating. You can't tell anything was ever done.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016
Rookie

Good to know as I have a few to get pulled.

2006 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page