Need bolt for Hurst shifter - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Need bolt for Hurst shifter

Hey everybody this is my first post. I bought my first mustang last May. It is a 2007 gt. The car came with a Hurst short throw shifter. The bolt that goes into shifter arm assembly came out when I was driving. Does anyone know the size and length of the bolt? Thanks for any input.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-14 19_1458002226282.06.00.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	506033  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016
GT Member

If you lost that, that's not real good.

That is a special bolt due to how close the shifter arm ends up to the transmission tunnel. It is a M12 x 1.75 bolt with a 10mm head on it. If you can't find one, I might have an extra one kicking around my garage somewhere (I bought a Tri-Ax from a guy a couple years ago and for some reason he sent that bolt with the shifter).

It might be available from Ford though.

'05 Mustang GT Premium
CMS Stage 1 cams, C&L Racer, Lito tune, Jeg's oil sep, CMDP, SR UDP's, JBA stainless LT's & catted H, Magnaflow resonators, MBRP axle back, BMR springs, Koni STR.T, BMR LCA's & backets, J&M upper & mount, J&M Al panhard, DIY panhard brace, Steeda Tri-Ax, smoked corners, Raxiom Vector tails, Brembos, S550 GT Premium wheels, 2010+ door panels
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ya not to happy. Can't believe someone didnt put any loctite on it. I will call the ford dealership and see if they have 1. Just wanted to get the size before I called the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page