5.4 Liter Supercharger on a 4.6? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

5.4 Liter Supercharger on a 4.6?

Hello, a guy nearby is selling a supercharger off his 2007 Shelby Cobra. He says he removed it with only 1100 miles on it (sent his Cobra in to become a Super Snake). He's not asking much for it and I am wondering: Can I put it on my 2007 GT 4.6?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Pictures:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	506289  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Department of boost makes an intake that will allow you to mount that. You will need a few things. Contact them directly at:

Department of Boost :: Products

DT

2010 GT Premium / Automatic / RapidSpec 401A Leather Interior / MMD Decklid Panel / MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers / MMD Black Tail Light Trim / GT500 Splash Guards / GT Valve Caps / FRPP GT500 Brake Cooling Shields / FRPP-SVT GT500 Cooling Fan / Steeda LCAs / Whiteline Front Sway, RTR Rear / Whiteline Adj Panhard / Redline Hood Struts / JLT Oil Separator / JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake / Pypes O/R X-pipe / Pypes Violators Axelbacks / Steeda UDP / Steeda CMDPlugs / Brenspeed Tune

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

If you hurry, you might still be able to get in on the group buy at DOB

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...group-buy.html

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
DOB is the way to go for sure. if I had the money laying around, I would work a deal for all parts in the pic. worst case is you can turn around and sell the parts for profit. keep and use the chin spoiler for sure tho, or sell it to me . package deals for cheap don't happen very often. most try to sell supercharger and intake by itself for $500 and going up. good luck
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016
GT Member

Yep, the DOB setup is the way to go, if you have the $2500 for the intake base which is the cornerstone of the whole system.

Keep in mind though- you have the supercharger, throttle body and elbow there...but you will still need injectors, heat exchanger, heat exchanger pump, etc. Lots of small parts. If you can get the supercharger cheap you could start working toward gathering up the other stuff, I rarely see the superchargers go for less than $400 lately.

'05 Mustang GT Premium
CMS Stage 1 cams, C&L Racer, Lito tune, Jeg's oil sep, CMDP, SR UDP's, JBA stainless LT's & catted H, Magnaflow resonators, MBRP axle back, BMR springs, Koni STR.T, BMR LCA's & backets, J&M upper & mount, J&M Al panhard, DIY panhard brace, Steeda Tri-Ax, smoked corners, Raxiom Vector tails, Brembos, S550 GT Premium wheels, 2010+ door panels
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

In the group buy, pretty sure DOB was selling complete "kit" with everything for $4,000 ; and I think the only things not included are miscellaneous nuts and bolts, installation labor, and tuning.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page